RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Quick load and tablets

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Quick load and tablets

Has anyone successful loaded Quickloads on a tablet? If so how and what brand of tablet.
    Just curious?
    Bill

Boolit Buddy
    You would need a virtual cd drive and run an ISO or similar. The software is made in Germany and is subject to their laws. By their laws, it is considered an ITAR item and is required to require a physical disc to run. There are ways around that, but the details won't be spoken of here.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Wow to technical! I'll just get a small laptop.
    Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master

Quick load and tablets

You don’t need the disc to run the program. It’s installed and run off the hard drive like any other program. Any tablet that runs off Windows will work. They currently have the Surface line of tablets. Im more interested in the foldable tablets that are about to be released. Not that I use QL at the range. But the foldable tablets would make a small convenient package to do so. Quickload is native to Windows OS only.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    You don’t need the disc to run the program. It’s installed and run off the hard drive like any other program. Any tablet that runs off Windows will work. They currently have the Surface line of tablets. Im more interested in the foldable tablets that are about to be released. Not that I use QL at the range. But the foldable tablets would make a small convenient package to do so. Quickload is native to Windows OS only.
    Hmmm. My copy got all bent out of shape because it didn't detect a disc. Ended up having to mount .iso with daemon tools.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by sureYnot View Post
    Hmmm. My copy got all bent out of shape because it didn't detect a disc. Ended up having to mount .iso with daemon tools.

If you have more than one drive, and your cdrom isn't D: it will throw QL off and you get that error about installing from a disc or whatever it is, I had to rearrange drives in one machine so that the installer "found" the QL cd. I don't know exactly how or which drive letter QL looks for when it installs, err tries to, but if you keep changing drives or changing the order, it will eventually work.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    If you have more than one drive, and your cdrom isn't D: it will throw QL off and you get that error about installing from a disc or whatever it is, I had to rearrange drives in one machine so that the installer "found" the QL cd. I don't know exactly how or which drive letter QL looks for when it installs, err tries to, but if you keep changing drives or changing the order, it will eventually work.
    I'm not using a disc. I have an ISO mounted on a virtual drive so it THINKS the disc is there. I'm curious how dragon is running it without a disc and no such workaround as the program is designed to only work with a disc in a drive.

Vendor Sponsor

I'm not using a disc. I have an ISO mounted on a virtual drive so it THINKS the disc is there. I'm curious how dragon is running it without a disc and no such workaround as the program is designed to only work with a disc in a drive.

It's only designed to be installed from disc. It won't install if you copy it over to hard drive then attempt to install. After install it runs happily from hard drive.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

as the program is designed to only work with a disc in a drive.

No it’s not. The program installs from the disc like every other program. All the normal install prompts come up during the install process. My physical copy has been sitting in my safe since shortly after I installed it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    No it’s not. The program installs from the disc like every other program. All the normal install prompts come up during the install process. My physical copy has been sitting in my safe since shortly after I installed it.
    I'll be damned... According to German law, it's supposed to be that way. My copy is. I don't have the latest version though.