Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2

Thread: New tool

Boolit Master

New tool

New tool
    Found another use For a lee universal flaring tool.was having problems putting gas checks on 30 cal bullets. I reloading friend came up with this. It hold’s the large lee flaring tool. His son made this holder to help steady and hold on to the small flaring tool. Made it with a 3D printer.I take the check and put in on my bench. Then I take this holder with expander and put the cone end inside the check and lightly smack the top with a plastic hammer. My reloading buddy puts the check on top of a flat pice of thick steel.Now the gas check fits flat and easy to install . If you over do it the check is loose on the end of the bullet but it easily crimps on the bullet using my lee sizer. I only have 30 cal checks so don’t know if the smaller lee flaring tool would probably do smaller checks. I really liked the NOE’S set up for doing this but this is free. And I already have the lee expander.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5CFB9548-BA58-418B-A3CF-5D0B7B39928E.jpeg   2C3ED3B0-8BAF-4BDC-ACAB-506CFC268A34.jpeg