MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: New tool

Boolit Master

New tool

Found another use For a lee universal flaring tool.was having problems putting gas checks on 30 cal bullets. I reloading friend came up with this. It hold’s the large lee flaring tool. His son made this holder to help steady and hold on to the small flaring tool. Made it with a 3D printer.I take the check and put in on my bench. Then I take this holder with expander and put the cone end inside the check and lightly smack the top with a plastic hammer. My reloading buddy puts the check on top of a flat pice of thick steel.Now the gas check fits flat and easy to install . If you over do it the check is loose on the end of the bullet but it easily crimps on the bullet using my lee sizer. I only have 30 cal checks so don’t know if the smaller lee flaring tool would probably do smaller checks. I really liked the NOE’S set up for doing this but this is free . And I already have the tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5BF228B1-C52B-43B2-A61B-BCFBBAA4B762.jpg  

Boolit Master

Another pic

Here is another pic of the holder. I think I just put this in the wrong spot on the forum. How do I move it? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08485F5B-EDBA-4164-AC1D-8AA62AA2AA51.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jniedbalski; 06-04-2020 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Wrong spot

Boolit Master
    Good idea there.

I had to come up with something for 30 caliber GC's too but went with a press mounted NOE flare tool. I've said before that it seems 30 caliber GC's are the worst for fitment issues. All of my 357, 44, and 45 GC molds allow the corresponding size checks to snap on correctly.