Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Rifle problems solved Howa and CZ

Boolit Master

Rifle problems solved Howa and CZ

Recentlly bought 2 rifles in 6.5 Grendel a CZ 527 and a Howa mini action. Both had feeding problems from the get go the CZ's bolt wouldn't pick up a round from the magazine,the Howa would feed 4 rounds 5th one would stick in the mag. So sent the CZ back they adjusted the extractor replaced the mag catch works fine now.
    The Howa is another story mags are made of plastic and are hit or miss as far as reliability goes. So I returned the faulty mag to Howa and just waiting for the replacement,in the interim I bought 2 mags they work fine. Now I'm not an engineer but looking at the spring for the mag looked a bit wimpy Howa is useing a very thin wire.
    E mailed them and suggested trying a bit thicker wire, different material for the wire or a combo of both. Still waiting for the new mag. Other than that both rifles shoot better than I expected.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Howa mini action as well,and the magazine release lever is really the only fault I have with mine. It's not only sprung far too weak,but is in the worst possible place.I have accidentally kicked my mag out so many times by just positioning the gun on my shoot bags, luckily I was just shooting from the bench,but if a person were hunting ,and carrying the rifle one handed it would be easy to kick the mag out,and not even know it. I love the rifle,and other than that issue it is great for the money I have in it.

Boolit Master
    I replaced the plastic trigger guard with one made of aluminum,but be aware if you have an after market trigger the metal guard won't fit

Boolit Buddy
    Mine has the original 2 stage trigger.I don't know why they used a 2 stage,but I have grown to like it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    I have a Howa mini action as well,and the magazine release lever is really the only fault I have with mine. It's not only sprung far too weak,but is in the worst possible place.I have accidentally kicked my mag out so many times by just positioning the gun on my shoot bags, luckily I was just shooting from the bench,but if a person were hunting ,and carrying the rifle one handed it would be easy to kick the mag out,and not even know it. I love the rifle,and other than that issue it is great for the money I have in it.
    I cut the release lever so that it barely sticks out. Then rounded the sharp edges. It solves the problem for me.

Boolit Master
    Took the Cz out yesterday,feeds reasonably well jacketed fed ok,cast bullets iffy. I think the oal was a bit too long loaded up a batch with cast at 2.060. Groups with cast 2-3" 25 yes 17 hrs IMR 4198 have loaded up 2 batches with 17.5 and 18 hrs 4198 125 gr gas check sized .266