Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Base castings

Boolit Master

Base castings

Does anyone know where I can get a few of the ORIGINAL cast bases to the Lee turret presses, the red ones? I am rebuilding my presses after umpteen years of use, and the ones I have are a bit worn. Have already made a set of bronze bushings for one, and may have to do the others. Thanks, guys.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Call Lee.
    Sometimes manufacturers have odds & ends 'in the back', but not enough to go to the trouble of marketing.
    Sometimes they'll sell them on the cheap if you call & ask.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

I did send them an e-mail about this, but that's a good idea. Thanks.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Buddy
    I’d like to know also, as my Lee Pro 1000 has developed a lot of slop, leading to misalignment of the shell case on decapping.

Boolit Master

I have made a set of bronze bushings for one of mine, and am setting up to make some for my other 2 presses out of 360 brass. Any interest from the members here for a set? I would need you to send me your base castings and the ram.
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Master

When Lee was getting away from the older turret press I bought a replacement base and a roller handle upgrade. They also had a Turret Press close-out for $50 so I bought a second one for my other house. Recently, due to a death in the family, he was gifted a practically unused Turret and a bunch of dies from his former father in law. He's an RCBS guy so I'm pretty sure his grandson will get it when he gets out of his training program.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!