Titan ReloadingADvertise hereLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersRepackbox

Thread: Neiís .30 caliber wasp-waist bullet

Boolit Grand Master

Neiís .30 caliber wasp-waist bullet

Interesting. I may have to get one.

https://castbulletassoc.org/blog/art...p-waist-bullet
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, thereís absolutely no point."
    Ė Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I believe NEI has been out of business for a few years after many years of inferior workmanship, this was after the founder Walt Melander passed away, originally a great mold maker.

One odd lookin bullet for sure
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I have one of those moulds. Got a 1-1/2Ē 100-yd group with my Douglas-rebarreled Krag rifle with 18gr 4759 at ~1550 ft/sec using Lino-WW range scrap. Got a lot of 2-1/2Ē-3-1/2Ē groups with other loadings and powders.

Pretty much came to the same conclusions as the author. With enough finagling, it will shoot as good as other boolit design in the same weight range. No particular advantage though.

I know old George Lís ideas were accepted as the best by people in all walks of life, from the Crowned Heads of Europe to the scum of the Earth. But he never asked me what I thought.

I seem to recall trying them with the wasp-waist filled with Rooster Red lube, as well as the tiny afterthought of a lube groove ahead of the gas check. That apparently did not go well. Anything I remember doing that I canít find in my loading notes typically means I returned from the range feeling especially despondent.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for posting-a good read. I have wondered for many years about that design. Never had a chance to get a mold. I think now it has moved to a lower spot on my to do list. I always thought the DD rings was a good idea if matched to a specific chamber.