Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 44 Magnum and Unique Powder Question

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Just for what it's worth to you , my carbine/revolver load is ten grains Unique under a Remington 240 grain soft point . If I remember right the velocity in the carbine is over twelve hundred feet per second . A four inch S&W revolver gives about nine fifty .... But I've been away from the Chrony a very long time .

Accuracy is very good and the carbine has brought home venison with no troubles at all .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Not much to add to this, but i have probably reloaded more .44 Magnum than any other round, and almost all of them (95%+) were a 240-250 gr boolit with 9.5gr of Unique. I started loading just because of having a .44, and used 9gr for awhile, then bumped it up to 9.5 to seal the cases better and clean things up. If it ain't broke, I'm not going to fix it. That load will absolutely sail right though any deer I've tried it on and has done the job on plenty of cows as well.
    I picked it because it was easy to spot a double charged case, Unique can be loaded in about any rifle, pistol or shotgun round out there in some form or another, and with a 240-ish grain bullet there is a HUGE load range in published loads, down to very light for the Hornady swaged bullets up to quite a bit hotter than what i load it at. I figured at the time that gave me a pretty decent margin of error learning to load, and here i am a decade and some later still failing to find anything i like to load better.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12