Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ball Molds

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    6pt-, Sometimes it is less than 3 weeks. My last one, a .618" RB for my 20ga. trade gun, arrived in ~2 weeks and cast exactly at the dimension I asked for (.618").
    Well if I order this weekend they just might get here about the same time the press arrives . This 8 gauge deal is turning it a not short process LOL’s ! When the mold/molds arrive I shouldn’t need over perhaps twenty of the large ball and maybe eighty of the .415” balls , eighty would be enough for ten shells .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    I got a text and an email from the folks in IL I ordered loading tools for the 8 gauge from , seems they are being shipped to me tommorrow !

Boolit Master
    I ordered three of the Tanner molds . A pair of .415” and a single .775” . Also found a place over there selling 8 gauge hulls all be it once fired WIN for about $0.50 each . Sent them an email asking about shipping cost , that could be the deal killer .

Boolit Master
    I'd be curious to see how all this works for ya. Nice project to be sure.
    I'd like to see some pics of that Parker.
    As far as you know is the shoot in PA still going to happen?
    Best of luck!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 218bee View Post
    I'd be curious to see how all this works for ya. Nice project to be sure.
    I'd like to see some pics of that Parker.
    As far as you know is the shoot in PA still going to happen?
    Best of luck!
    Yeah Mike Koneski says he’s open until further notice . I used to post pics on here with Photobucket then I started doing it directly , now it tells me I can’t get them on etc etc etc . So I doubt any pics go on this site again from me .

Boolit Master
    Well I have my press in hand now as well as the swagging stuff . Hopefully I’ll get it functioning tomorrow . Also have 50 WIN hulls now . Only thing I’m are the four molds and a couple MEC shot bars .

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    Former Jeff Tanner, they're good moulds and cheap!
    I think he snuffed it and the kids took over.
    I have two Jeff Tanner molds, picked up in Essex on my UK trips. I [barely] spoke to him on the phone [Deaf as a Dingbat] and never quite got to meet him - failing health...

Molds were PERFECT.

Boolit Master
    The three ball molds have been cut and hopefully will be on the way across the pond in the next day or two . With that being sad I got the 8 gauge loader setup this morning (it arrived yesterday) . I have twenty five fired hulls and twenty five unfired hulls . First tried one of the fired hulls and other than difficulty getting it out the size deprime station all went well . Then I loaded six of the new hulls all with #8 bird shot . After that I went and got a jar of 0000 buck and some buffer . Loaded one with ten 0000 and no buffer then two more with buffer . All of these were being pushed with 31 grains of Clays . Either this evening or tommorrow I’ll try the buckshot at thirty yards and perhaps ride over to the club and shoot a few clay targets .

Boolit Master
    Just tried the two 0000 buck buffered at 30 yards . Eight barrel looks good and I just mighta pulled the left a skoosh . I also found the 00000 buck and the .775” slugs I’d cast before . So perhaps after dinner I’ll load two more of the 0000 buck , four of the 00000 buck and four slugs . Wanna try the 00000 and slugs at 30 yards then all three at forty yards . Oh yes these were with 31 grains of Clays .

Boolit Master
    Loaded up two more with 0000 buck buffered , also loaded four with eight 00000 buckshot buffered as well . Then I loaded eight with the .775” 730 grain slug which needed one 12 gauge nitro card to have the correct height . All are using 31 grains of Clays and a CCI209M .

Boolit Master
    Here’s a link to the same basic thread on another forum I frequent and am able to post pictures . https://www.levergunscommunity.org/v...hp?f=1&t=77125

Boolit Master
    Well I shot the 00000 at 30 yards and it was okay . Shot the 0000 and 00000 at forty yards and it wasn’t as okay . The slugs were not so okay , when they went off correctly they did okay at thirty and forty yards . However I had about 50% hang fires . I’m going to load some more slugs with Universal Clays and International Clays . Also wanna load some 000 , 00 and 0 buckshot to see if it does any better at forty yards . I may try the other two powders with the buckshot as well . Incidentally while I was searching my shelves for the open 8 pounder of Universal Clays I found I already had a four pounder of Clays , if I’d known that I’d have saved the forty bucks the two cans of Clays cost me last week LOL’s.

Boolit Grand Master

Any chance there is data for something like Unique? That seems to be much more tolerant of the very low pressures.

Boolit Master
    Just finished a group all pushed with 32 grains of International Clays 0 , 00 , 000 , 0000 and 730 grain slugs . Think I’ll ease out front and try them now .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Any chance there is data for something like Unique? That seems to be much more tolerant of the very low pressures.
    Not seen anything for Unique , Tom told me SR7625 was okay for 1 1/2 or so . Only thing that’s not done decent were the 730 grain slugs pushed with 31 of Clays which is kinda strange since the buckshot was usable with no hang fires with the same charge and about the same weight .

Boolit Grand Master

The slugs likely produce lower pressures. Shot is forced to the side when firing, and grips the bore. Slugs don't.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The slugs likely produce lower pressures. Shot is forced to the side when firing, and grips the bore. Slugs don't.
    That may be the reason but I’m thinking it might be the hulls . The first time I tried I used new hulls the times when I had issue they were the old several times used hulls that came with the gun . I’ve still got 15-20 new unfired hulls . The International Clays didn’t ignite correctly either with the slugs and SOME of the buckshot I tried this evening . So tommorrow if I can work it in I’ll try a couple of the new hulls with the slugs maybe two of them . Also am going to change the primers I was using CCI209M’s I’m
    Going to try WIN 209’s in the new hulls well they came to me already primed so . I’m
    Also gonna try two loads of buckshot in the new hulls with International Clays . If they do the same thing I’m going to try Blue Dot .

6pt: I save my pics in windows "My Pictures" different albums for different subjects. IE: One for Jeep pics, one for gun related stuff, one for Jobs from my shop, Misc pics etc.

When I hit "manage attachments" it pulls up a box with all the pics I have previously uploaded. If the pic was previously uploaded it doesn't add to your total number of MB used and you can click and drag it down to the thread. I do this alot.

For adding a new pic,,, You click on Add Files then pick the pic in your album then it's address shows in the box, you hit "upload" and it goes into your reply on the thread as a thumbnail. That's all there is to it.

I have literally thousands of pics stored in "My Pictures!" The vast majority of pics I attach to threads have been previously uploaded to the site to illustrate some idea. Every once in a while you exceed your allotted amount of MB and you have to go into attachments and clear them out. I usually delete the Pics from the oldest threads first.

I have never used Photobucket because it offers no advantage whatsoever over simply using "My Pictures." And when they kidnapped everyone's pics ??? I don't see how anyone would use them ever again.

I mainly use a 15 year old Canon Digital Camera I got when I was Appraising RE and have easily taken 25,000+ pics with, as it is easy to upload them into my computer. My wife cusses me for it as she uses her I phone which takes nicer pics but is a little harder to upload to the computer.

First pic is a click and drag, second is a new pic from My Pictures.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Okay just loaded a pair of the slugs with International Clays as well as filling the bottom cavity with wax and a nitro card in the bottom of the shot cup for proper height . Also loaded two more with sixteen 00 buck pellets and buffer again with International Clays . All four are in brand new unfired hulls with WIN 209’s . They look nice but let’s see if they boom correctly

Boolit Master
    Well all four went off as one would like . The slugs however were kinda low and the left barrel of buck I think I pulled it a bit left off the box . I’m going to take the four once fired and try slugs in them again two for the left and two for the right . Then I’m going to load two new hulls with sixteen 0 buck pellets and try them .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast