RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: New Ohio restrictions--Gun shows

Boolit Bub

New Ohio restrictions--Gun shows

Ohio governor Dewine just signed another bill to push back opening of any major events in Ohio for most of the summer. That includes county fairs, and any large event, which I'm sure includes gun shows like OGCA in Wilmington, any of the shows around the Cleveland/Berea area. The match's at Camp Perry were cancelled over a month ago, and that hasn't changed. So if anybody was looking to get reloading supplies there, don't waste your time driving there.

Sorry to hear that ! I was really hoping the gun shows would return this fall. Always nice to see you at them also.

Jedman

I haven’t herd anything about shut downs other than state and govt sponsored events. Do you have a source for this news?

Boolit Bub
    The state fair was cancelled here in OK also. The one good thing about it was that it pushed up my 4H beef connect by 45 days or so. The timing worked out great, as about 4 days after I picked up my side of beef, beef prices in the stores skyrocketed. $21/lb ribeyes and $8/lb for 80/20 ground beef! It's the first time I've seen an $80 10lb tube of hamburger.

DeWine is proving to even more of a RINO than we thought. Maybe doesn't want people to get together and talk about his failings?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    Google Governors orders 5-29-2020--It's actually an extension of the original order. The lifting of some of the restrictions haven't been changed, but the gathering of large groups of people, are still in place, as well as several others. State Rep, Jon Cross of Kenton, Ohio district 83, had a video on Facebook a friend had shared. He wasn't to happy about the signing, considering no Rep. was consulted, and it was signed at 11 o'clock Friday night.

Boolit Master
    A friend and I promote two gun shows a year, here in SW Idaho. Approximately 100 tables each, in April and November. Of course, our April show got cancelled, so we relied on the information that the state/county government gave us then, that we could plan on something for June. We re-scheduled our April show for June 6th and 7th at the same venue (county fairgrounds building).
    The county notified us about 10 days before our scheduled event, that we couldn't have more than 50 people in the building at one time...
    We also had to submit a business plan, detailing all of the restrictions that we were going to put into place to fall in line with the CDC recommendations, to the local health officials, so that they could approve, modify, or deny our event.

We were effectively forced to cancel the event.

Hoping that somehow we can still put on our November show, but it's not looking good.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown