Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
PBcastco Reloading Everything

Thread: MP 165 grain 40 caliber mold

Boolit Buddy

MP 165 grain 40 caliber mold

I have seen little posted about results with this mold and since I'm temporarily shelving my attempts to shoot cast in my 9mm, it is time to move on.

I've found this brass mold - my first - to be very tempermental at lower temps and the higher I raised my pot temp, the better it performed. Casting between 800 and 820 degrees provided the best boolits and I could never cast fast enough to get frosting. Alloy is 50/50 COWW/PB/2% SN, ice-water dropped after coating. I intend to shoot these in both .40 and 10mm, primarily for bullseye matches. These were powder coated yesterday with the hopes of shooting some today. .40 will be first as the press is set up for small primers.

If anyone else has some experience with this boolit, I'd sure like to hear about it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mvintx; 06-01-2020 at 02:27 PM.

mvintx,

I am considering this same boolit in the 6 cavity aluminum alloy mold. How does this boolit shoot for you, accuracy wise? Also, is it a good feeder? Thanks.
    Last edited by Hardcast; 09-15-2020 at 12:49 PM.

I use the same but Alum. from Accurate. I use 50/50 without the tin. PCd they work fine. Run your alloy about 720! Brass warps with too high temp. I only use 4x moulds as more - one end is cold before the other. Hard to keep mould up to temp. I only use 2x for rifles, same reason.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Only one other shooter using this boolit??

I shot these in my Glock 23 stock barrel, sized to .402" and .403" with no leading problems.
    Sized .402" in my Delta Elite 10mm they fit and function well. Sized .403" will not feed from the magazine but fit in the chamber easily. Accuracy in both guns is mediocre but I'm still working to find an acceptable load. Tried Unique and Red Dot so far. Power Pistol is up next