Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Mold?

Boolit Buddy

Mold?

http://arsenalmolds.com/index.php?ro...&product_id=84

Anyone ever used one of these guys molds?

I’m on the hunt for a few .311 bullet molds. Looking for

Boolit Master

I have a few Arsenal molds.

They are good to go.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    Kool thanks!

I also have a couple arsenal molds. Never had any problems.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    A classic for a lever thirty thirty.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Stevens 325B I want to use them in.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    I have a Stevens 325B I want to use them in.
    Any reason why you haven't chosen a more pointed profile in order to get a little more out of the cartridge?

Boolit Master

Using Arsenal molds here too. Nice molds at a reasonable price. No complaints.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Any reason why you haven't chosen a more pointed profile in order to get a little more out of the cartridge?
    None really just haven’t found a mold that would work that would fit into the rather short throat of the 30-30 I have. I made a dummy round with the Lee 312-185 mold and the bullet would have to be very short to fit into the chamber.

Boolit Grand Master

Or a bore rider. The nose fits into the bore.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    None really just haven’t found a mold that would work that would fit into the rather short throat of the 30-30 I have. I made a dummy round with the Lee 312-185 mold and the bullet would have to be very short to fit into the chamber.
    Have you measured your bore?

Most of the Lee rifle bullets are nose rider designs. If your groove dia is .310 or .309 then I'd use the smaller dia Lee bullets. Then the nose may fit in the bore properly. The Lee 309-180 that I have makes bullets that are just above .310 in dia at the grooves and just under .300 at the nose (powder coated they still fit in my .302 bore).

Another solution, although time consuming, is to get a nose size setup from NOE. I use one for my .308Win because the powder coat sometimes is a little too thick for the bullets to fit in the bore. Yes, I ''full length size" the bullets and I nose size them.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently purchased my first Arsenal mould, a 358-158KT, knockoff of the RCBS which I have as well.

They are priced very reasonably and are nearly identical to a NOE. I used the mould for three straight days when I first received it a few months ago. On the third session it began sticking together and I noticed one of the alignment pins was sticking into the sleeve on the other half and it pulled the sleeve out of mould so it wouldn't go completely shut. The other issue was the screw where the sprue plate locked in to. When the sprue plate would swing shut it would turn the screw tighter so the sprue plate would not shut completely. I have no idea if that was fixed or not since I have not used it.

I don't want to be negative, this is just my very recent experience. I emailed at least twice and called at least once leaving a message. It took several weeks to eventually receive an email telling me to ship it back so they could look at it. I did this on my dime, it was there for a while and was recently returned repaired. Zero communication during this time. I have not had time to use it since. In my opinion, customer service for me was not great.

I wanted to order another couple moulds at the same time I ordered this one and couldn't get anyone to reply to multiple emails/calls about my questions so I just ordered the one I knew I wanted.

The bullets shoot great and when it worked, it rained bullets. And yes, I did lube the pins. YMMV
    Last edited by Huskerguy; 06-18-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have not measured it yet, but the 180 grain .309 mold I have drops em at .3095 ish, my original thoughts was that if it dropped .310 I’d just go with them, but I figured a .311-.312 mold would give me room can always size down but going up in size is not a easy thing.

I think I’ve settled on a 170 grain mold.

Also being .311-.312 or so gives me options to use in my 1917 rifle as those actually spec out to be .300 land .310 groves basically there a sized down .303 bore from .303 land .313 grove

Boolit Master

I have a couple of their 5C moulds and they are just fine.

Lyman # 311410. Designed for SKS type arms. Only 130 grains, but it will leave room for plenty of powder and better profile for a flatter trajectory. Might be light for big or heavy game but about right for varmints or deer if we'll placed. Maybe someone on the forum has this mold and can send you a couple dozen un-sized for you to try out. Just a thought.