MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: WTB - P08 Luger

Boolit Master

WTB - P08 Luger

I have been hunting for quite a while for a Luger to add to my collection. I am happy to pay a fair price, but I don't want to take out a new mortgage. I am interested in a WW2 model with matching parts in decent shape. It will go to a very good home and be well cared for, not re-sold. PM me with any offers. Thanks!

2. 05-30-2020, 03:29 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

Banned

I work in a pawn shop in Texas that has one for $1400.00!

Not mine, but I did see one on Uncle Henrys, so thought I would pass it along.
    https://www.unclehenrys.com/classifi...7106%234827452

5. 05-30-2020, 10:54 PM
    Reason
    Discussion

In Remembrance
    http://texasguntrader.com/category/9...man-Luger.html

Maybe? Been refinished though. Looks good.

Boolit Master
    I strongly suggest that you go on the Luger forum and check out what they can tell you. If a P08 has been refinished it has zero collector value and it doesn't matter who did the refinishing. The pistols shown here so far are simply shooters and are over priced. Remember if you buy a P08, shoot it and something breaks, replacement parts are scarce and very expensive.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I strongly suggest that you go on the Luger forum and check out what they can tell you. If a P08 has been refinished it has zero collector value and it doesn't matter who did the refinishing. The pistols shown here so far are simply shooters and are over priced. Remember if you buy a P08, shoot it and something breaks, replacement parts are scarce and very expensive.
    That's what I have been running into. I've zeroed in on two so far on Gunbroker that looked great, only to find out they are either falsely forced matched or re-blued. Luckily I have made a casual online acquaintance with Tom from Legacy Collectables. He looks at my "perfect" picks and finds 6 things wrong with them in 30 seconds. He's saved me some serious mistakes. Now I'm terrified of anything I find.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy4200 View Post
    That's what I have been running into. I've zeroed in on two so far on Gunbroker that looked great, only to find out they are either falsely forced matched or re-blued. Luckily I have made a casual online acquaintance with Tom from Legacy Collectables. He looks at my "perfect" picks and finds 6 things wrong with them in 30 seconds. He's saved me some serious mistakes. Now I'm terrified of anything I find.
    Hanzy, keep that thought uppermost in your mind. It will serve you well.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN