Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: A little more help. I appreciate your patience.

A little more help. I appreciate your patience.

So helped a nice widow lady out with her late husbands gun stuff. I was happy to do it for her and she was happy with the result as well, (a thank you and nod to those who bid & bought).

Unintended consequences.

I'm now helping her neighbor in similar circumstances. Not my specialty, but she is wondering about ball park value and, should I sell them in S&S on an auction basis, what they might bring.

Stevens .22 single shot- Little Favorite

Civil war muzzleloader- While I'm not an expert on these, my dad had one hanging over the fireplace when I was growing up so I know what it is. Looks like it is in excellent shape, no bayonete noted.

A very nice muzzleloading shotgun, 10gauge (maybe larger) very nice wood and very nice checkering.
    Attachment 262951

Not looking for appraisals, hard number, bids, offers or anything like that, just an idea what she might be looking at. I know it is all condition and proofmarks and details, but I've really no idea what they are going for. Prices on GunBroker ofttimes seem a bit optimistic.

As always, thank you for your input, patience, and expertise.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Find a few on line comparable to that one.
    Without being in the gun selling business, or doing a whole lot of proper marketing-
    expecting to get about 60% of what you see sellers trying to get for theirs is realistic.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

You're going to have to get a little more specific about what you've got, and a photo or two would really help. For example, there were many different types of muskets/rifles used in the Civil War. Springfields, Enfields, etc., and several models of each, all of which would make a difference in value. The shotgun sounds like one of a kind, and photos would really help there also, along with any names or markings on the piece. A value for the Stevens wouldn't be too hard to nail down, but condition is the determining factor.

Boolit Master

If you go advanced and check actually sold items it is more real.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!