Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Load data , shooters world S O 62 powder

Boolit Buddy

Load data , shooters world S O 62 powder

Need some help with loading data, is anyone loading with shooters world so62 powder? I just ordered 8# of this from Midway. They claim it is very close to VARGET, which I have used & like. With all the powder so hard to get right now & at the price I had to try it. I load 6.5, 7/08. 308, 45/70 , & 35 Whelen that is should be useable in if it is close to VARGET.

Boolit Master
    Shooter's world has info:

shooters-world-manual.pdf

Pages 16, 42-43
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

I have used Varget data for it with 308 and 7mm08 and found it to be very close to the same.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    i replace my varget powder with shooter's world precision rifle powder in my nra silhouette match rifles (bolt and lever action). what i have found in 30-06, 308, 7-08, and 30-30 is i can drop the same weight of precision rifle as my old varget loads with not much different in the fps(+/- 30 fps). i did not have to change my sights adjustments much/very little/none at all. i like the price of all shooter's world powders and have started replacing my powders with shooter's world powders.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the reply’s, I did go to the shooters world site & did get some data there also.one thing I noticed was they didn’t show it as even being usable in 45/70 though I have data for VARGET in this & had good luck with it. I think I am still going to try it in 45/70, just be very careful.

Boolit Buddy
    shooter's world buffalo rifle is good for 45-70 loads. buffalo rifle is all most the same as 5744. think h110 and 296 powder. at one time lovex (shooter's world) made 5744 for accurate arms powder company. lovex made most of the powders for accurate arms powder. when lovex lost the contract with accurate arms they took the accurate arms powders and gave them a new name under shooter's world. you can research and find good load data for shooter's world powders. i have also used accurate arms data with shooter's world powder and have never had any problems.

Has anyone used so62 in their 45/70 ? Using Varget data? Thanks.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Banned

Make sure you check out the European data site. Lots more reloading info there.

Boolit Buddy
    Just done shooting 45/70, loaded 15 rounds with S.W. Precision powder. 5 each 50, 51, & 52 grains with my 340 gr. Cast. All shot well .very happy with this powder.