Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Dumb Cat

Boolit Grand Master

Dumb Cat

Didn't know I had a cat that was so dumb. The other one, I expect dumb stuff from, but not this one. Was spraying Sevin on the fruit trees and she jumped up in the tree so I could pet her. Got some spray on her and had to hose her down (she REALLY loved that!!!) with water.

Thinking of changing her name to "Sum Dum Cat"!!

Banned

Hope she's OK. God help me, but I adore the little guys.

Down here we dust dogs and cats with Sevin for fleas and ticks. Kitty will be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe a trip to the automatic cat washer would help.

First be sure all outside doors for the house are open:
    Put in cat. Close lid. Flush. Open lid.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

One of my best and smartest dogs went by "Sum Dum Pup." He was really special. He was my constant companion for 19 years. I miss Jeb.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Didn't know I had a cat that was so dumb. The other one, I expect dumb stuff from, but not this one. Was spraying Sevin on the fruit trees and she jumped up in the tree so I could pet her. Got some spray on her and had to hose her down (she REALLY loved that!!!) with water.

Thinking of changing her name to "Sum Dum Cat"!!
    I don’t think she’s dumb, she loves you so maybe she’s love struck? If she’s Siamese you could name her “dim sum cat” (Sorry, it’s past 3AM)

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, they can do dumb stuff but we still love them.

Boolit Grand Master
    The other one is part Siamese and the biggest wuss there is. This one, we got when she was probably 3 weeks old and spent most of kitten days sleeping in my lap.

Boolit Master

My daughter got a puppy, he’s a bit of a terror. He’s always harassing the cat, who wants nothing to do with him. A chicken got out the other day and he killed it. I’m a little worried that he’s going to get to rough with the cat and hurt her.

He’s old enough for his operation to remove some parts, hopefully calm him down a little, but with everything closed, that kind of thing is not “essential”. Now everything is backed up and he’s on a waiting list. I’m not a fan of puppies. They’re not the cute, sweet things we’re led to believe. They’re actually demonic little monsters who destroy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    My daughter got a puppy, he’s a bit of a terror. He’s always harassing the cat, who wants nothing to do with him. A chicken got out the other day and he killed it. I’m a little worried that he’s going to get to rough with the cat and hurt her.

He’s old enough for his operation to remove some parts, hopefully calm him down a little, but with everything closed, that kind of thing is not “essential”. Now everything is backed up and he’s on a waiting list. I’m not a fan of puppies. They’re not the cute, sweet things we’re led to believe. They’re actually demonic little monsters who destroy everything.
    I'm sure the puppy thinks his "parts" are essential.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    I'm sure the puppy thinks his "parts" are essential.
    Too bad for him.☹️ If he gets too much more rambunctious I’ll remove them myself with a sharp pocket knife, like my grandfather would, save myself $200. (Not really I won’t)

Speaking of such things, here’s something my daughter found, gotta be the most absurd thing in existence: https://neuticles.com/

Prosthetic testicles for dogs. Gotta protect your little buddy’s self esteem, as if he has the remotest clue what those things are. They’re actually for the self esteem of manly-man dog owners. A real manly-man must have testicles on everything he owns, including his truck.
    Last edited by fatelk; 05-29-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Boolit Master
    never neutered any of my dogs .if hes a nuisance train him.

Boolit Master

Oh he’s getting fixed. He’s not my dog, he belongs to my daughter. She’s training him, and doing a decent job, I think.

To be honest, I’m not a dog person. Don’t dislike them, but don’t particularly like them either. A well trained dog can be a wonderful companion, I’ll give you that. I’ve just been around too many poorly trained ones that were terrible nuisances. I won’t have a dog around that barks all day in the back yard, or goes nuts whenever there’s a female in heat in the neighborhood.

On the farm, we had one bull, and he was there for a specific job. You had to be a little careful with him because he could be dangerous. Any other male bovines on the place were steers, much more gentle and peaceful.

We had a neighbor whose dog was somehow an extension of his own masculinity, and the thought of neutering it was akin to cutting his own off. His dog was uncontrollable when there was a female in heat anywhere nearby.

Sorry Rockrat, for the thread drift.

Boolit Master

We picked up a stray at church around Christmas. She was weak, covered in fleas, domesticated rather then feral, very young, very cold, and very hungry. We fostered, adopted, and integrated her into our fold of two 8-month old adolescent female cats and one 5-year old clawless Tomcat that we inherited from my Mother. The adolescents taunted, spit, and put Gabby "in her place" in the household pecking order for weeks. Now, at 6-months, our youngest fur baby has become the Fur Ninja from ****. She stalks her older "siblings" and when one is not looking, she flings herself into the air with all four feet spread wide, like a belly flop competitor, and pounces, with VENGENCE, on the unsuspecting one year old. It is funny as **** to watch, especially the melee that ensues.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Down here we dust dogs and cats with Sevin for fleas and ticks. Kitty will be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    It takes 6 full flushes and recoveries to adequately wash the cat AND clean the toilet bowl. It the cat belongs to your neighbor, it will never come back. If it is your cat, you will not need to feed it for the six weeks that it will be awol.

Boolit Master

Our cat was a feral rescue cat. They said she was around two when we got her. For weeks she was skittish, we'd often find her hiding in odd places. One day we heard a faint "Mew" and spent quite a while searching for her, until we found her in a drawer! Now, she's the queen of the castle. She owns the place, and we are all her servants. Well, that is until the puppy came along...

Boolit Master

Dumb Cat

Years ago my son started feeding this big, white, long-haired cat. I told him to stop but (I suspect) he did not because the cat stayed around. It was dirty and hair-matted. Doug kept pleading for the cat to be ours and I finally said OK. The cat was sitting on the ground and I said to Doug "that cat is the worst looking cat with all that matted and dirty fur, but since you are feeding it anyway I guess it can stay". The cat disappeared for most of two days and when it showed up again it was clean and the matts were gone from its fur. Fast forward 4 or 5 years and we got a puppy to take the place of our old dog that had died. The puppy thought our cats were his to torment. The white cat was not impressed! The pup would run up behind that cat and flip it over with his nose. A few weeks of that and the cat disappeared. It was gone for a couple of weeks and one day it showed up again. It was in good shape so I know it had likely found someone to feed it. It only stayed long enough to ascertain the pup was still there and that it had not changed its puppy ways. The cat left again never to return.
    Last edited by blackthorn; 05-30-2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: wrong word
    R.D.M.