Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: for thought and meditation

USMC 77, USRA 79

for thought and meditation

40f and cloudy rainy...

Thinking of Prayer as Jesus Taught
    By Oswald Chambers

Pray without ceasing… —1 Thessalonians 5:17

Our thinking about prayer, whether right or wrong, is based on our own mental conception of it. The correct concept is to think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts. Our blood flows and our breathing continues “without ceasing”; we are not even conscious of it, but it never stops. And we are not always conscious of Jesus keeping us in perfect oneness with God, but if we are obeying Him, He always is. Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life of the saint. Beware of anything that stops the offering up of prayer. “Pray without ceasing…”— maintain the childlike habit of offering up prayer in your heart to God all the time.

Jesus never mentioned unanswered prayer. He had the unlimited certainty of knowing that prayer is always answered. Do we have through the Spirit of God that inexpressible certainty that Jesus had about prayer, or do we think of the times when it seemed that God did not answer our prayer? Jesus said, “…everyone who asks receives…” (Matthew 7:8). Yet we say, “But…, but….” God answers prayer in the best way— not just sometimes, but every time. However, the evidence of the answer in the area we want it may not always immediately follow. Do we expect God to answer prayer?

The danger we have is that we want to water down what Jesus said to make it mean something that aligns with our common sense. But if it were only common sense, what He said would not even be worthwhile. The things Jesus taught about prayer are supernatural truths He reveals to us.

have a blessed day
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Amen!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I have heard a lot of different opinion on prayer . Some say GOD will grant anything/everything you ask for . Some say the future is predestined by GOD and there are no variables allowed therefore prayer is fruitless in outcome . Those are the two extreme examples .

My concept of 'prayer' is in between . Prayer is not just asking for things , prayer is opening your heart to our father . To not only show him the love you have for him . the appreciation for all he has done for you and those you love . It's also to show him your failings and your weakness . Many times I just talk to him because I know he hears . It's part of the process of growing closer to him...to reveal your true thoughts so that...he will know you .

We are told repeatedly to want a 'personal relationship' with him . You can not have that relationship without opening your heart to him . You can't hide from GOD . He already knows whats in your heart . It's the sharing and admission of things you think your keeping secret , being wide open in sharing .

Prayer is part of our worship , to realize he is GOD . To know that we are given grace and forgiveness . To know his offer of salvation is real . To the answer if GOD grants requests for prayer ? Yes he does ! But be careful what you ask for .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

In a sense, all of our lives is a prayer. It may be a good prayer, or it may be something much, much less. It's about our ATTITUDES toward Christ and about our own selves, and what we want, and what we get. Prayer is just a somewhat more focused conversation with the Master. He himself told us to carry our concerns and desires to Him in prayer, and doing that is essential for any believer. Doing so endears Him to us, and brings us closer to Him, so we can understand and appreciate Him and all He does more fully and appropriately. If it weren't for prayer, we'd probably all be lost!