RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data

Thread: Lee 55 RF in 10" T/C

Lee 55 RF in 10" T/C

Got some range time this morning , had some of the little Lee 55's loaded up . Lubed and checked they were pretty consistent at 57 gr. After I had cast them I weighed some and some dummy misread the scale and thought they were 59 gr. The 10" T/C turned the little boolits just fine , even found a couple of useful loads . These are sized .225 with Gator checks and WL 2500 lube . CCI 400 primers , but need to try some WSR's and small pistol . Not my best shooting , I had the shakes . This is at 100yds and 22 Hornet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by marshall623; 05-26-2020 at 04:30 AM.
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Moderator Emeritus

Caliber?
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    If sized .225, guessing .22!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would help wouldnt it , it was a 10" 22 Hornet

Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    I've been messing with the old Bator in a 10" .223 Contender, but not getting as good groups as you. Best yet is 2"@100, but the usual is 5"@100, using the factory irons. You've got me thinking I should put a scope on it and see what it'll really do.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    I've been messing with the old Bator in a 10" .223 Contender, but not getting as good groups as you. Best yet is 2"@100, but the usual is 5"@100, using the factory irons. You've got me thinking I should put a scope on it and see what it'll really do.
    2" at 100 with factory T/C sights is super , 5" groups are pretty good . I will have to put my 357mag barrel with irons on it up on the bags and see if can even get 5" at 100

Boolit Man
    I have tried about every cast bullet and load combination possible for the 22 hornet in both Contenders and 3 different rifles. The most consistently accurate load has been the Lee 55 over as much 2200 powder a neck sized case will hold and sparked with a R-P small pistol primer. This load is sub MOA in my Cooper 38 when conditions are perfect and I do my part.

Boolit Master
    Accurate 2200? Any rough idea of velocity?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Man
    Yes, Accuracies 2200. I have Checked the velocity of this load, but it will blow up a ground squirrel at 150 yards.

I looked up AA2200 data it looks close to 4198 in burn rate . It looks good in alot stuff I shoot 7 TCU , 30 Herrett , 223 and of course the Hornet . I may have to snag s pound to try if I run across one .
    Thanks

Boolit Man
    2200 is very fine grained and runs through a measure very consistently. When you shoot a couple of hundred rounds in a day’s squirrel shooting, you don’t have time to weigh charges

Boolit Master
    Sounds good, that is a good enough velocity estimate! I like AA2230c in several things so I will pick up some 2200 as well, thanks fo the lead.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos