RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Taurus TX22: A Review

Boolit Buddy

Taurus TX22: A Review

Hi all! Here's my take on the TX22. It's been getting a lot of good press lately, so I wanted to try one out for myself.

Howard

Boolit Master

Thanks for the review. I was considering buying one the other day. But i bought a colt/walther 1911 22 rail gun instead.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I enjoy these posts. Once in a while The Dunhams has a coupon for these , Usually in the mid $250 range, and the G2C also sometimes right around $200. It happened a couple of times when they were shut down for the Plague.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master
    Very interesting. I had to smile at the sight situation. Years ago, I bought a new S&W 357 (either the 19 or the 27, my recollector is on the fritz) that was stuck at the bottom and wouldn't budge. I had to take it to a gunsmith to get it broken free. I am a little bit surprised at the ammo related malfunction, though.

I was just talking about the topic of 22 LR reliability with my brother a week or so ago. He and I agreed that in recent years the reliability was greatly improved. I can recall when 1 to three rounds out of every 100 of the bulk pack rounds would be duds, but that is no longer the case, at least IME. In the last 800 rounds of 22 that I have fired I don't recall a single failure to launch. Even the thunderbolts of checkered rep have been good.
    I guess they're sending the duds to Ohio Anyway, thanks again for the review. That pistol has some promise.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Yes agreed on the thunder bolts improving. Last few bricks i used all were good. Some had the restrike no biggie.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I am further kind of wondering about the Armscore 22 ammo that I have about 10,000 rounds of. I guess I will have to try it out one of these days.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Thanks Mr. Funk. As usual I enjoyed HR's tests. Down to earth stuff without the fluff. james

Boolit Master

I have 4 bricks of the armscore 22's. I bought when dunham's had them 2 for 30.00. I have not tried them yet.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks fellas! I'm glad you liked it!

Howard

Banned
    Thanks for the video.
    The TX22 is on my list for "next gun" now.
    Now all I have to do is find them for a crazy deal...Like $200 or less.