RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Model 27-2 long tom at 50 yards

Boolit Master

Model 27-2 long tom at 50 yards

Well I've been waiting to try out my longtom 27-2 nickel at 50 yds. I got it New Years eve, but the cold weather kept me on the indoor 50 foot range. I had just started shooting it outside on a few of the warmest days in March, but then the shutdown hit. I had managed to shoot it once or twice at 50 yds, but only to make sure the sights were close.

Well I did get back out finally, once last weekend and then today. Here is the best I've managed so far at 50 yards. 38 wadcutters, shot one handed single action "NRA Bullseye" style

9 out of 10 in the black. Why do I always yank 1 so far out? Grrrr!!

In case you forgot, here she is

Boolit Master
    That is excellent shooting, and you are an excellent shot! Ya, one always has to stray. I too have been kept from shooting due to weather, then they closed the ranges due to Covid. Now getting back out and getting my zero back. At the end of last years good shooting season I was practicing one handed, off hand. Hope to get back to that, but too rusty still. My off hand shooting practice improves my one handed shooting.

I’ve got a 83/8” and 6” in 27-2, blue. They both shoot very well. My Bro was fired up over how well they shoot as compared to M19s. The 27s edge them out when you are shooting 100yds. Anyway the very next gun show we went to my Bro is on the warpath and he’s going to get him a 27. We only deal in P&R adj sight/ blue S&Ws. Show was light on m27s. Bro takes off on his own and came back with a 6” nickel NIB. We are still hacking on him over nickle gun. Nephew calls him “ The Piano Player”. We went out of our way to find him a set of Jay Scott Pearl grips, that just made him madder.

Boolit Master
    Smith and Wesson N frames and Colt Single Actions prove that God loves us. Good shooting. Flyers in groups just keep us humble, they build character doncha' know. GRRRRR.

Excellent shooting! I'd have been happy shooting a group like that 2-handed!

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

If you 'always' have a flyer - get some gauges and check your cylinder mouths. If one is out of spec DougGuy is the answer.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

No such luck. Everything is in spec. I "always have a flyer" with every one of my Smiths, not just this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post

Why do I always yank 1 so far out? Grrrr!!

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    very good with wadcutter

Nice, thanks for sharing. Seems you're in decent practice.

Boolit Master
    What happens at our range is that there are little earth quakes which occur just as you are pulling the trigger. All the members repot this