Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
PBcastcoReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Wideners
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is a "Boolit"?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    That is something I would never ask you to put up with!

Welcome to the board.
    "It is a load of rubbish up with which I will not put"

Winston Churchill on the subject of ending sentences with prepositions.

Boolit Buddy

Doesn't matter, we know what a Boolit is and know how they perform. Pity the poor uneducated who give away their overpriced Wincolvige Hypermag because they can't get it to perform with the latest store bought Sonic Eliminator Nosetrack Ubermag bullet.

Besides, spelling was never my strong point. I used to get in trouble in school because at times I would always seem to mispell the word "Posse". It also looked weird when I was writing a story about The Lone Ranger rounding up one.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

I've read "boolit" from time to time on various forums. But until coming here I had no idea what it was, lol. Now I'm greatful to understand the meaning, makes sense now....

Boolit Master
    I used to buy and read about anything that discussed shooting.Now I don't. This is the best forum period. I see " experts" debunked here all the time. They aint going to like us.
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

Boolit Mold
    I need some boolits!

Boolit Bub
    it's the business end of a weapon system

Y'all wanna talk about Puritan, Luddite forums - I can direct you to a certain 1911 forum! It's actually not a bad site, quite informative, as long as you triple-check everything you write before you post it. Like a buncha nuns with steel rulers there. God help you if you use the word "screw" and you're NOT referring to a threaded fastener or the use thereof. The spankings shall commence.

Ef u fokes cant spelll propurly ya shuddnt b postin.

Boolit Master
    Well I checked the Ideeeeeho dictionairey and there it was, al perpetty splled, "BOOLITS"!

Jus likes it otter bee. Sew watts da probum?

I no it tis correct, caz I kast boolit just twho day gop and thay comes out fine.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Grand Master

One feller on another forum complained about the "stupid" spelling of the word for those that want to be recognized as a part of a group (bullet casters). From then on I used "Boolits" as often as I could...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Wonder if he's the stoopid one?
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

I have to admit back in January when I joined here I kinda thought at first the "boolit" was perhaps a might silly, then it started growing on me. Now I like the way it separates a pure cast projectile from the Jwords or full body condom.

I admit I do use Gas Checks, and maybe someday when someone invents the truly super lube I'll be able to get by without them.
    For now I think they look cute as heck. Pretty Silver Boolits with little copper bottoms and red lube in the grooves. Yeah, life is good.

Boolit Grand Master

Gas checks = copper diapers. I use them too, on my Ranch Dog bullets...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Mold
    Thank you guys for all you do . God bless

Boolit Master
    Welcome Fritoguy.

Lots of folk here that like to share what we think we know about what we think we know

Enjoy,

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

When people complain about spelling I have an urge to send them out for French lessons

Explanation: anyone who quibbles about variations in phonetic spellings of English words would
    go stark raving mad learning to write in French...

And for the record I like lead chunks with wide meplats that cast of material that are soft enough to expand...

I just finished casting a bunch of 405grn 45-70's of pure soft lead the expectation is that launched from my marlin "portable tunnel"
    (a 1972 vintage model 1895) that these boolits (however the hell you all want to spell it you all should at least have the ********* Decency to set the forum spell checker to allow the forum spelling!) should create their own tunnel wherever they may roam after firing them!

AllanD
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 08-16-2015 at 11:39 AM.

I've seen people spell it "boolits" on different firearm forums for years.
    You do not fight out of hate but rather the love and compassion you have for those you are trying to protect.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    A boolit is something I have OCD to cast and try to make shoot sub MOA with...I need therapy!

Boolit Buddy
    My arthritic shoulders and hands can't handle casting anymore, although I have poured thousands of rounds in years gone by. Now I buy "bullets" from a guy in Montana. Should I stop buying from him because he doesn't sell "boolits"?

Dave

Boolit Master

Grammer, spelling and punctuation. These were things the baby boomers were raised with.
    I fail to see how in today's AMERICAN Society anyone cares about spelling ? When the WEBSTER'S Dictionary now lists the word "disrespected" with the same definition as "disrespectful" you begin to realize how much our AMERICAN ENGLISH has been "dumbed" down. Dictionary's change constantly.

I thing the new term "boolit" should be accepted as the definitive term that defines "a hand cast" boolit. Reserving the term "bullet" for those projectiles with copper alloy jackets produced for use in Ammunition produced by the companies large & small for the U. S. Military and the masses of civilian shooters who are too ignorant to know better.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast