Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is a "Boolit"?

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

What is a "Boolit"?

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Banned

the "term" boolits is starting to spread, it is also a nce way to differentiate quickly what/which we are discussing.

'em r 'em thangs what goes to the front o' the cartridge. When ya' pull the trigger, thay fly outta the front o' the gun. You might say theys the point o' this whole project.

Boolit Mold
    Id like to make me up some of them thir boolits for this here new rifle gun I be for ownen.

Boolit Mold
    makes sense to me,did not know to b4 joining the club

Boolit Buddy
    LOL, people ask me if it is spelled correctly when I tell them about the site. Sounds perfect to me. wc

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    the "term" boolits is starting to spread, it is also a nce way to differentiate quickly what/which we are discussing.
    I never even questioned the term the first time I heard it...just always assumed that it was a term for those in the casting circle.

good shootin'
    johnny

I'm not one for dragging up old threads, but I recently used the term "boolit" on another popular gun forum, and I was informed that the word "boolit" was not allowed to be used!

The reasoning was that it was not proper English. Seemed kinda silly to me.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    There's other forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy lead View Post
    There's other forums?
    Hard to believe, I know!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Strange as it may seem, on one of those "other ????forums????" one maker of very good custom molds seems a bit torked about the term, "boolets".

If'n his molds weren't so good, I'd be torked that he's torked!

However, kind of like Ol'Elmer Keith, ya just consider the source, take what is good and delete the rest.

Long may da "BOOLETS" FLY!!!!!!!!

Keet em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy
    That'll Do,
    Given the lack of concern for the generally accepted rules of English on just about any forum, I don't see what would be the problem. If forums began requiring the use of proper spelling, syntax, punctuation and grammar there would be very little traffic. Take the words mold and mould. One is no more correct than the other. I happen to use "mould" simply because that is the way I learned to spell it as it applies to casting things. I always used the other spelling to refer to some forms of bacterial growth. If someone doesn't agree I don't get ticked off. Gee, that mould maker and the other forum members, et. al, need to get over themselves.

Paul

Boolit Master
    Good one Paul!

Back a number of years now, I got into photography at the professional level and some of the old timers really had a problem with the young wipper snapper.

Doing such un-professional things as setting up commercial displays at the local fairs, hiring out almost all lab work when the "real" photographers spent hours in the darkroom.

I did go on to set up a B&W darkroom for that aspect of the business, and the local, "professionals" finally had to talk to me as I was a real factor in the area.

However, seems we most all get uppity about something we do at some point and usually find out life is a lot more pleasent when we relax.

Be'in an Ol'Coot does have it's bright side.

So, let's hear it for those "BOOLET MOLDS"

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
    Last edited by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot; 05-23-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Boolit Master
    I like it, "boolits" expresses a form of independence, a DIY sort of thing.

The "slugs" (I like that term too, don't see it much except for shotguns) in
    post #1 look like something that flies out of a naval cannon! Nice...

I was going to buy a mold from one of the premier mold builders that an agent of his had a group buy going on this site. I was informed that he does not offer BOOLIT molds only bullet molds. It was mentioned repeatedly that the term BOOLITS was not to be used. Now, I have some of his molds and like them very much. BUT... to be treated as such on a site that I monetarily support and love that happens to be named Cast BOOLITS I decided against the buy and will no longer buy any of his molds. There are others here that offer great molds and my money will be spent with them. I wish the old fart well and I am sure he will not suffer loosing my business.
    Just my 2 cents " Or $125.00"
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Super Moderator

..............Some people just take things WAY too seriously

.............Buckshot
    Last edited by Buckshot; 01-24-2022 at 10:11 PM.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Yep, some sure do, and as soon as my new boolit mold gets here from that crusty Ol'Boolit mold maker, I am going to enjoy makeing lots of BOOLITSeven it the crusty Ol'mold maker doesn't like it.

An on top of that I'd guess he'll gladly keep mak'in molds even if I cast BOOLITS and not bullets!

Crusty Ol'folk can be such a pain!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Quote Originally Posted by That'll Do View Post
    I'm not one for dragging up old threads, but I recently used the term "boolit" on another popular gun forum, and I was informed that the word "boolit" was not allowed to be used!

The reasoning was that it was not proper English. Seemed kinda silly to me.
    That'll teach ya for going onto some of those other gun forums. A couple of them are more interested in propriety and politics than actual gun stuff like we are here.

Quote Originally Posted by jlchucker View Post
    That'll teach ya for going onto some of those other gun forums. A couple of them are more interested in propriety and politics than actual gun stuff like we are here.
    Sometimes you have no choice. If you want to keep up with the latest in cryptozoology such as Gigantic Lion-eating Super Monkeys, you have to go to one of those other sites.
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master

Since I read the thread about John Taffin and his extreme reaction to the word "boolit" I have no interest in anything he has to say in print. Like "Buckshot" said....some people take things WAY too seriously.

Edd
    Last edited by badgeredd; 09-17-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast