Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stevens Maynard Jr

Boolit Master

Danth,

PM me your address and I will trace mine and mail it to you. It should be easy to make one from an old fence board!
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks much. PM inbound.

Boolit Master

My Manyard is too small for me. However, my wife thinks it is just right! I shoot a Stevens Favorite. They are both accurate for 100+ year old rifles. I was practicing on the rimfire silhouette range today. I got 2 out of 5 rams with the original sights. I think if I got an aperture sight I would do much better. I have an addiction to old single shot rifles. The biggest problem is finding ammo they like. Standard velocity 22 are hard to extract. I have been using CCI Quiet and they will extract.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Buddy
    The Maynard project is coming along fine, but I picked up another which prompts this question. Clearly, the wood on most Maynard Jrs. is nothing more than a shaped board with rounded corners. Every once in a while one comes along with a contoured stock. This last Maynard has the contoured stock. Anyone know the history of flat vs contoured stocks for the Maynard Jr? Could this be a Little Scout stock that coincidentally fits the Maynard?
    Last edited by Danth; 06-14-2020 at 03:04 PM.

The contoured one is later, but because all the Stevens records were destroyed we can only guess at dates.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post
    My Manyard is too small for me. However, my wife thinks it is just right! I shoot a Stevens Favorite. They are both accurate for 100+ year old rifles. I was practicing on the rimfire silhouette range today. I got 2 out of 5 rams with the original sights. I think if I got an aperture sight I would do much better. I have an addiction to old single shot rifles. The biggest problem is finding ammo they like. Standard velocity 22 are hard to extract. I have been using CCI Quiet and they will extract.
    You might be 'fighting' the residue from firing shorts in a long chamber. That can result in a ring of hard carbon build up in the chamber, resulting 8nhard extraction of longs, or long rifles, fired later.

Your chamber may need a very heavy cleaning to remove such a deposit.

Chev. William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12