Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got scolded by the post office

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    My P.O. has a template that it must pass through, to qualify for "if it fits", and if it will go through that rectangular opening, it ships.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    My P.O. has a template that it must pass through, to qualify for "if it fits", and if it will go through that rectangular opening, it ships.
    Depending on whose working at the PO, I get hit with the template. Most times if I'm close, they'll let it slide. You've gotten a couple packages from me and know how I lay the tape on every surface with at least 2 layers of clear packing tape. If I need to I can "pack" those larger sides with a little weight so they pass the template test if it comes up. Most times if it's close, it ships.

Boolit Bub
    I've had some complain and some not, depends on the PO and the employee.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    It wasn't round or bulging out, just not straight on the sides.
    I've shipped many just like it.
    Never had any problems.
    Maybe they were just having a bad day.
    Some people are just in the wrong positions.
    Typical of gooberment workers.
    You ever meet a Happy Postal Worker ?
    Remember where the term " Going Postal On Someone" came from ? It wasn't from all them happy postal workers was it !

My advice is don't make the Postal Person angry !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    My advice is don't make the Postal Person angry !
    They used to say if the flag in front of the Post Office was at half mast---- it meant they had job openings.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master
    A while ago, I was in line to ship something.
    Big commotion between a worker and this lady.
    Seems she had taped two flat rate boxes together, and insisted they charge her for only two boxes.
    She kept on saying "but I'm paying for two boxes. what is the problem"
    Everyone was getting upset at her.
    Soon three people were trying to make her understand why it would cost more than the price of the two boxes.
    Must have gone on for close to half an hour when I finished and left.
    She was still arguing with them.
    She was getting loud and making a problem.
    Don't know what happened, but I hope they called the cops on her.
    For what good that would do.

Boolit Master

gwpercel, Yes I have met one post office worker that was happy ALL the time.
    Her name is donna and she works at our small local post office.
    Mailing packages is once again a pleasant experience...dale
    Last edited by dale2242; 05-24-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    We have a cheerful lady named Roxanna working at our PO here. From observing what she has to put up with, I don’t know how she does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Krumhunger View Post
    We have a cheerful lady named Roxanna working at our PO here. From observing what she has to put up with, I don’t know how she does it.
    Give them a little time. They'll beat that nonsense out of her.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

I had one try that on me. I stopped her half way in, told her I didn't care what she did or didn't like and took the package out of her hands and left.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

My Post Misstress name is Joyce. She has been nothing but help. Set me up with mail on line, pickup, flat rates, and much more. Handled problems of theft and insurance.

I cannot say the same for any UPS or Fedex employee.

She made it easy for my gunshop and barrel sales business. I was pround o go to her retirement party. The folks she trained were the same.

However in three shops from other towns in my area had problems until they placed formal complaints to the Postmaster General for delay of the post and interference in commerce. Make noise they are public employees who are paid well for correct service.

Boolit Master
    The post office ladies leave me candy and pie in my box during the holidays.

Boolit Master
    I've known several postal workers who have been nothing but nice and helpful.
    I have also dealt with some that were worse than having the dentist drilling on my teeth.
    The same could be said about everyone at one time or another. Have you ever had to deal with the people at the wally world service counter?

Boolit Buddy
    I worked for the U.S. Postal Service for 28 years and was proud to be a letter carrier wearing the blue uniform. On my city route, I had 13 FFL holders over the years and many fellow shooters just like me. I delivered every kind and shape of parcel imaginable and was proud to do it, just like every other carrier I ever knew. The patrons on my route were my customers and serving them was an honor that I never took lightly. After all, those customers paid our wages. The only parcels that I ever had a problem with were those to some friendly Micronesian students and families who regularly received packages of some type of food from their home islands in the South Pacific that absolutely stunk to high heaven!! I just smiled, held my breath and delivered those as well. I'll deliver a bulged, misshapen package about to fall apart over one of those Micronesian care packages any day!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Don't worry. The post Office is Not to long for this world
    The post office has been part of the constitution since it was written. You might want to rethink that one.

Boolit Master

Our letter carrier knows our names and we know his. We always exchange pleasantries if we’re out when he comes by. The employees at the office have been great as well. Same experience with the PO in the last town where we were in New Mexico but the rural delivery contractor was quite “independent”.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

At my PO if it is swollen just a little they charge the next higher rate.

ACC

Moderator Emeritus

Geezer, I like the Post Mistress. Mine was my match maker. Tried fixing me up twice till I found my girlfriend on Farmersonly.com. In my area, they know everyone and are very helpful.

Boolit Master

I've had mostly good experiences with my local little post office. Then a couple of months ago, I tried to send a package to my daughter in Japan. I picked up an empty liquor box from the liquor store on my last visit that was the perfect size and the heaviest-duty cardboard box I've ever seen. Plus it had little cardboard dividers in it that were perfect for what I was sending.

I arrived at the post office with it all taped up solid and an address label ready and was told they couldn't ship it because it had liquor logos on it.

What? But there's no booze in it. Didn't matter. So I had to buy a roll of their solid packing tape and tape over all the logos and wording. Just dumb.

That and the rule that since I live within a 1/4 mile of the post office, they won't deliver mail to my house and I have to have a PO Box. It's a pain.

Oh, and they kept leaving red paper slips in my box warning me to contact people that were sending mail to my street address and not my PO Box. But they were leaving the slips with letters from junk mailers with unsolicited offers for insurance and credit cards. Really? If it was mail from my insurance company or mortgage people, I could understand, but junk mail?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    Back about 1980 the company I worked for had a booth at the local home show with peelin stick info reply cards that show goers would fill out there name and address. I took 2 boxes of reply letters to the main PO annex, the counter guy would not let me leave till he looked at every single enevlope. He was complaining that the address on some were using the wrong 'City'. The people who lived in what we refered too as the Valley were using Spokane instead of the name of the Post Office that the zip went to like opportunity, green acres, veradale, etc. When I ask if the zip did not get it to the right PO he said that the address MUST be totally correct and refused to except any of the mis marked ones, on leaving I put the refused mail in the drive up box in the lot. They all got mailed with no returned for incorrect address, it was just him with a stick up his rear.
    Shaune509

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast