Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got scolded by the post office

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by J Six View Post
    It's not the only part of the constitution Trump has tried to get around. He hasn't succeeded yet.

If salpal is a Trump supporter, he's probably listening to "news outlets" that tell him otherwise, though. They have a lot of weird ideas that don't stand up to close scrutiny.
    I really don't know what you're talking about or how this is responsive, but to second an earlier comment, wherever you're getting your news, please, please seek another source.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    they couldn't ship it because it had liquor logos on it.
    Reminds me of a story my Mom told.
    She was a retired nurse, but still took 'RN' magazine.

Their covers often had pictures of a kidney, lungs, or some other internal organ.
    They had to change all that because so many postal workers complained about how gross the cover pictures were.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Vendor Sponsor

Got scolded by the post office

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    The bulged boxes don't run through the sorting machines well, neither do 70lb MFRB of lead! The woman in the post office wasn't happy with my 68lb MFRB. I told her, your rules not mine! lol
    Mine roll their eyes at me when I walk in now. The lady behind the counter greeted me with “yay it’s the lead guy” the last time I sent out a shipment lol. I’ll probably drop off a tray of cookies or brownies or something next time I go just to help smooth things over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bantou; 05-24-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Happiness is a warm .45

There is an official gauge the counter staff have.

Ask one time to see them gauge it, you will never hear it again.

I have found a very few power hungry individuals shaped 95% of my bad feelings about post office.

I now have a fantastic route person and counter person.

I try to do my part also

Boolit Master
    Several years ago I shipped a LFR box full of 9mm cases to Delaware. The man I sent it to said they delivered it in a basket since the box was destroyed in transit. Since that time I have doubled the sides,top and bottom of all the boxes I send. I also wrap the box with a liberal amount of clear tape.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    they told me the same. Envelopes can be bulging because theres not much that can be done to stop it but flat rate boxes are not suppose to be bulged.
    Maybe its just me but it seems pretty hypocritical to complain to the paying customer about a box with bulging sides. When items that clearly don't fill/bulge a FRB and is new & sharp shape and when you receive the package it looks like it was used for soccer practice, a door stop, and a step ladder and the box has zero integrity anymore. And they have the gall to gripe about flat sides?

I do appreciate our postal service and there are some good people there and some crack post offices out there but most of us have had our fair share of aggravation with USPS too. The lack of competence and accountability in general in this day & age is infuriating.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Man
    I buy a lot of lead, ingots, bulk boxes of jacketed bullets and one time had a vendor put 5,000 147 grain FMJ 30 caliber bullets in a single box which decided to fail in my post offices sorting machine and over half the bullets spilled out into the machine then got drug through it and scattered across the floor under it. They handed me a big heavy platinum bag of nice clean bullets and said they thought they had found most of them. Wife checked each closely to ensure non were bent, out of round our otherwise damaged and all were fine. When we ran them and hit 5,000 cases were three bullets left from,the bag of bullets postal workers spent hours hunting while their sorting machine was down. Not upset at me a bit but asked me to have vendor package them better next time. Bullets were dumped in cardboard box lined with a thin platinum bag and one turn of packing tape around it.

Buy a lot of the 5,500 count boxes of 5.56 Hornady 62 grain FMJ and one order had purchased ten boxes which the seller taped two of the Hornady factory shipping boxes together into five separate packages. As they went through the machine it ripped the corner off one box spilling most of the 5,500 5.56 bullets into and under sorting machine. For the past decade now my post office holds all "heavy" packages with my P.O. Box number at back loading dock and put a note in my box to pick up at back door. Had a client ship me an AR 15 upper once for repair who packaged it very poorly and arrived with thin box ripped open and no padding so looked like the top half of an AR 15 staring out of the gaping hole. They just laughed as they brought it to me and had me open it to inspect for damage. Glad I don't live in California or New York.
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. 2 Timothy 4:3

Boolit Master
    When sending a med or lg flat rate box with brass or bullets and other such stuff, I build a box from OSB that just fits inside the cardboard box and assemble it with screws including screwing the top on when filled. Then I tape a paper to the wood box with the following: Postal workers if you are reading this you have destroyed a flat rate box. Please forward this to ........

So far no problems. I think they play postal football with the heavy packages.

Vendor Sponsor
    When shipping large quantities of lead, I put it in a small box inside the MFRB and then fill the void with spray foam. To my knowledge, I haven’t had a box break since I started doing it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Banned
    I have a real sweetie working the window at my Post Office. Like the time I tried to mail 9 empty large peanut butter jars to a board member to use for boolit storage. She got out her tape measure and check the length and width then announced it would be $35.00 because of the size of the box that didn't weigh anything. I sucked it up and paid up and she enjoyed watching my reaction. And yes, she still likes to give me flack over the peanut butter jars.

But, when I mailed a LFRB to Florida on a Monday with delivery for Friday, she added a couple extra wraps of tape just to be sure. As it turned out the box was delivered on Wednesday in perfect condition. So, I made a point of stopping in to tell her how happy we were with the service and it must have been her little bit of extra tape the made a difference.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    The post office has been part of the constitution since it was written. You might want to rethink that one.
    A lot of things have been part of the constitution, look at those parts today.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Grand Master
    We've has some strange workers at the post office I go to.
    One lady was a real dingbat. She's gone now.
    Had a crack addict who's mother and sister also worked there. All three gone now.
    Still there is a guy who's just looking to get through.
    No personality at all. But he does do his job.
    Another one is one of those "hawaiian sovereignty" type.
    She thinks she's better than everyone else.
    Never trusted any sovereignty types who take money from the gooberment their hate.
    She's always talking down to people and doesn't listen to what they say.
    I have a feeling she's one of those "untouchable" workers.
    The girl in charge now is one of those "beauty queen" types.
    At least I think she's still there. Bosses always hide in the back.
    She replaced a black guy who caused nothing but problems.
    We have a new delivery guy. He's OK.
    Guy before him was an immigrants.
    Really hard to understand what he was saying.
    I took the test once. 98%, but never got called.
    Would have loved to have gotten in.
    Friends son has been one for almost 10 years now.
    Only thing he doesn't like is to much overtime.
    Cannot say no.

I ordered a photographers shoot through white umbrela. Came in a paper.envelope.with the handle.sticking out, bent. I sent an.email to china.saying a.dope.sent.me.an umbrella in an envelope. Said sorry, sorry, so sorry. Month later.got.another umbrella with handle sticking out of.a brown paper.envelope. That time not bent.

I stopped.our driving mailman with freshly cooked brownies. He begged me to back it out of the car because he was diabetic and couldn't handle temptation. He had a quart.of.Jim beam in the open glove compartment. He drank his whole route. Drunk all the time without ever hitting a mailbox. He was the type of mailman who sat with dying customers in hospice and went to everyone's wedding
    Last edited by nelsonted1; 05-26-2020 at 11:57 PM.

My nephew's woman had a walking route in the town the family lived in. Carried.dog.biscuits with her. Dogs.would escape.and race down the road after her. She knew everyone and would get all kinds of food, home made candy, gift certificates at christmas. She worked as a contractor then was hired full time. She loved walking in every kind of weather. Full time put her in a big city post office. I havnt heard how that is going

Our previous driver had a word out sedan hunkered down its rear shocks. Shed.see me at the end of the driveway and weave back and forth and honk her horn. I called her the grim reaper.coming.to.take me.away.
    Her replacement is now driving on tires so worn they look like inner tubes. She hasn't gotten a nickname. Yet.

Our inside mail lady is a phillipeano, we think. She is so shockingly beautiful people (my brother, cough, cough) guys make.special post.office.runs. She.is.the reason the.ok boxes are.selling out.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bantou View Post
    I’ll probably drop off a tray of cookies or brownies or something next time I go just to help smooth things over.
    Something like this and a kind word can go a long way. I always try to say something friendly to the route Lady too!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    The lack of competence and accountability in general in this day & age is infuriating.
    This is not just a problem with the post office but just about every other place too! But it makes you appreciate it when you encounter a competent person or get good service someplace.

Boolit Buddy
    The fact that you received the parcel instead of attempted to mail it should have cleared you of any criticism. Some people are just plain unlikable,and most for good reason. We had a lady Postmaster at the time that all the addresses were changed to the new 911 addresses , and she was always marking on our mail,and making it clear that it would be within her rights to send it back if we ever got anything addressed to the old address. The flats rate boxes do have lines were they must be folded,but I have folded some a little over the line,and bulged a few as well to keep from jumping from an $8 dollar box to a $15..I don't tape a box up ,and some times don't even box an item till I go in the PO. The woman that works there now is nice,and she always tapes it up,and she herself has even slightly bulged,or folded my boxes at a little more capacity than what may technically be allowed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123