Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: for thought and meditation

USMC 77, USRA 79

for thought and meditation

beautiful day...

Having God’s “Unreasonable” Faith
    By Oswald Chambers

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. —Matthew 6:33

When we look at these words of Jesus, we immediately find them to be the most revolutionary that human ears have ever heard. “…seek first the kingdom of God….” Even the most spiritually-minded of us argue the exact opposite, saying, “But I must live; I must make a certain amount of money; I must be clothed; I must be fed.” The great concern of our lives is not the kingdom of God but how we are going to take care of ourselves to live. Jesus reversed the order by telling us to get the right relationship with God first, maintaining it as the primary concern of our lives, and never to place our concern on taking care of the other things of life.

“…do not worry about your life…” (Matthew 6:25). Our Lord pointed out that from His standpoint it is absolutely unreasonable for us to be anxious, worrying about how we will live. Jesus did not say that the person who takes no thought for anything in his life is blessed— no, that person is a fool. But Jesus did teach that His disciple must make his relationship with God the dominating focus of his life, and to be cautiously carefree about everything else in comparison to that. In essence, Jesus was saying, “Don’t make food and drink the controlling factor of your life, but be focused absolutely on God.”

Some people are careless about what they eat and drink, and they suffer for it; they are careless about what they wear, having no business looking the way they do; they are careless with their earthly matters, and God holds them responsible. Jesus is saying that the greatest concern of life is to place our relationship with God first, and everything else second.

It is one of the most difficult, yet critical, disciplines of the Christian life to allow the Holy Spirit to bring us into absolute harmony with the teaching of Jesus in these verses.

have a great beautiful day
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the reminder!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good lesson . We should slow down and seek his Holy Spirit in all things .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

It is so easy to take these verses further than they were intended to go. Chambers provides a good balance and correct focus.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen!

Moderator Emeritus

Often, when we manage to put Christ first in our lives, we find ourselves being blessed in ways we'd never really considered. And the blessings are always better than what we had in mind. It seems like our mortal minds are too small and short-sighted to really know what we truly, inwardly are actually seeking. But God's words are right on, and if we can just find a way to turn more and more of our lives over to Him, and our concerns as well, we get happier and more satisfied than we'd ever expected to be if we'd been given what we directly asked for. He always knows better than we do. Accepting our fragile thinking processes, and living more toward what He left to guide and direct us, opens the path to true satisfaction and appreciation of everything we have. Mostly, we don't ordinarily appreciate what we have until it's gone. Ours, though, is not the keen intellect that our Lord has. Follow the one who knows the Rules, and has directed and advised us so as to become what we were meant to be all along. Isn't it great to be loved by the Lord?