Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wet vs. Dry Tumbler

Like many others I use both. I usually wait until I have many to reload before I run a batch.
    I’ll dry tumble dirty brass. That will help keep my sizing dies clean plus I’ve had stuck primers if I wet tumble first and let the brass sit, for quite a while.
    I’ll wet tumble after sizing and the brass looks great.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

I've got a Lyman 1200 that I put away because I started wet cleaning. I use a HF dual tumbler that holds around 30 308 or 30/06 sized brass or a bunch of pistol brass. I use Lemon juice from Dollar tree (about a 1/8 cup) and a squirt of Dawn. It runs for 3 hours usually, then into a (again) Dollar tree wire basket inside a large dish pan. That drains the water and separates a lot of the pins. Then I vigorously shake to remove the water and pins (Oh, I do deprime rifle and bigger pistol before hand, But, that's just me as I like sparkling clean primer pockets. It does help getting the water out though.) I put them on a old towel in front of a box fan. It doesn't take a lot of time and I like my brass sparkling and this does it for me. To each his own.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luber View Post
    Where does one find Lemishine and Nu Finish? Thanks
    I don't see where you ever got an answer. If you did, I'm sorry to have missed it. You can get both at Walmart and probably any other bigger discount store.

I recently ran out of ArmorAll Wash and Wax and not wanting to make a trip to Walmart (30 miles away) I looked at the local parts store. To my surprise it was only a few cents higher than Walmarts price.

A lot of volume reloaders use a cement mixer to tumble brass. I don't, so I can't help much on that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123