WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: easy grendel success

Banned

easy grendel success

Took my new ar15 in 6.5 Grendel to the range to get it at least sighted in yesterday. Ive got about 15 different loads worked up. Left them at home and took a bag I made for sight in. I found some Hornady interlock 100 grain bullets that were being closed out for a good price so bought 500 of them. Figured if they didn't shoot they be good blasting bullet and if they did they would be great deer bullets. they run at a bit over 2800 fps out of my 18 in ar so that's 243 power level right there out of an ar15. Got them on paper and shot two 5 shot groups. One went 3/4s of an inch and one just a smidge bigger, maybe 7/8s of an inch. Load was 41 grains of tac. could have stopped right there but went home and loaded 10 more of those and 10 with 40 grains of 2230 to see which is better then im done and its ready to kill some deer. rest of my test loads ill just blast up because this is the bullet I wanted to use anyway. Don't get many this easy to work with.

Boolit Grand Master

Sweet......
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    41 grains of TAC?? Didn't think the case would hold that much. Did you mean 31 grains of TAC???

My Grendel loves the 90gr Speer HP TNT with Benchmark. Right at 3000fps and groups under 1/2" (24" bbl) if I do my part

Boolit Man
    Out of curiosity, what brand of barrel?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    41 grains of TAC?? Didn't think the case would hold that much. Did you mean 31 grains of TAC???

My Grendel loves the 90gr Speer HP TNT with Benchmark. Right at 3000fps and groups under 1/2" (24" bbl) if I do my part
    I hope thats a typo......31.2 gr TAC is top end for 100gr bullet.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Banned

sorry 31 is correct

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nawagner View Post
    Out of curiosity, what brand of barrel?
    just a plain jane stainless psa barrel. Don't know where they get them.

A lot of PSA barrels are built in South Carolina at FN's plant. If I had found a deal like you did on 6.5 bullets, I would still have one. Due to the Creedmoor craze, 6.5 bullets were rare and expensive everywhere I looked. I do believe it is the most versatile round you can fit into an AR15.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    If I had found a deal like you did on 6.5 bullets, I would still have one. Due to the Creedmoor craze, 6.5 bullets were rare and expensive everywhere I looked. I do believe it is the most versatile round you can fit into an AR15.
    Speer Gold Dots 120 grain are around 25 cents each and work great on whitetail deer.