Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Bowling Pins—SASS

Boolit Bub

Bowling Pins—SASS

There was a thread about a bowling pin shoot, and it brings to mind an experience I had at St. Augustine last year.

It was at a SASS match and just to keep it interesting one stage we had some bowling pins to shoot. Don’t exactly know why at a SASS match but it is what it is.

Seems after about an hour the range owner came up, breathlessly, that there was a rain of pistol bullets hitting another range, must have been at least 1/4 mile away!

Lesson is that bowling pins don’t stop bollets very well.
    Shotgun

Boolit Grand Master

Surprised that the SASS mouse fart loads would clear a table. Revolvers or Wild Bunch 1911's?
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Bub
    If u shoot very carefully, Cowboy loads are ok. They work. But u also get ricochets!
    Shotgun

Boolit Grand Master

I'm not sure I would feel comfortable shooting in the direction of something only 400-500 yards away unless I had a mighty big backstop.

Boolit Master

The problem with SASS loads and bowling pins is the loads are weak and will cause bounce backs and deflections. I also suspect something else was happening there like maybe the berms are a bit low for this type of target.
    Last edited by Plate plinker; 11-28-2020 at 11:24 AM.