WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Ammunition preference of Winchester 9422M?

Boolit Master

Ammunition preference of Winchester 9422M?

I just took a quick look at 22 RFM ammunition availability on Ammoseek. Among lower priced brands do Winchester 9422M rifles tend to prefer brands and/or particular bullet shapes for accuracy?

Among all of the 22 RFM ammunition brands and bullet shapes, do 9422Ms tend to have a preference best accuracy?
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Boolit Master
    Every individual gun will have a preference, it's not dictated by type. Get a variety and try them all. The gun will tell you what it likes.

Boolit Master
    +1 being a lever gun there’s no real limit you need to watch for unlike some semi-autos and handguns.

Try as many as you can, it will let you know

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My fave .22 Magnum is Winchester Dynapoint 45 grain. Never saw a gun that didn't like 'em and they were pretty cheap too.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

My Model 9422M-XTR shoots any of the various .22WRM ammo just about the same - I keep several different brands/types on hand (I have 4 different .22WRM rifles/handguns).

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

My Model 9422M-XTR shoots any of the various .22WRM ammo just about the same - I keep several different brands/types on hand (I have 4 different .22WRM rifles/handguns).

What kind of rear sight is that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's a New England Gun Custom Gun clip-on "Grooved Receiver Sight" , of which they have models to fit several different rifles.

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/...ts.php?cat=338

I bought the sight from NECG well before the excellent Skinner clip-on receiver sight hit the market.

The NECG sight is all steel, but has a few drawbacks for me, because I prefer a "ghost ring" sight on my hunting rifles.....

To wit:

Since the NECG sight's aperture is the elevation adjustment securing grub screw when it's tight, if the aperture's removed as I do with most receiver sights to obtain a ghost ring, the elevation zero is gone.

Secondly, if the aperture (hole) is drilled out instead of removing the aperture, due to the design of the sight body a ghost sight picture has flat sides (the inside of the sight sidewalls).

Like all top-mounted receiver sights, the line-of-sight must also be raised via installing a taller front sight blade (which I did).

If I had to do it today, I would much prefer the Skinner Rimfire Sight. ( http://www.skinnersights.com/rimfire...sights_25.html )

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride