RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Shoots Single-Shot Bolt action Specialty Pistols?

Who Shoots Single-Shot Bolt action Specialty Pistols?

Who Shoots Single-Shot Bolt Action Specialty Pistols?
    Factory?
    Custom?
    Show pics and give descriptions if you don't mind.
    E
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Do you mean a encore? Single shot breech lock?

Not sure I know of any bolt action pistols?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Not single shots but a local gun shop closed and I picked up three NIB Remington XP100R's for $211.00 each. Calibers are .223, 260 Rem. and 35 Rem. Have a bunch of Contenders in longer range calibers also. The XP100R .223 see a lot of Prairie Dog usage. It's top with a 3 - 12 Burris Handgun Scope.

If the would of had the 22-250 I would have purchased that also. The plan was to rebarrel the 35 Rem to 6mm BR but I like it to much in 35 Rem. The 260 Shoots well but I don't shot is much so that my turn into a 6mm BR or a 6mm Dasher.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-19-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Do you mean a encore? Single shot breech lock?

Not sure I know of any bolt action pistols?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Remington started with the XP-100 in 1963. Since than Weatherby, Savage, Nosler, Anschutz and others have built bolt action handguns. Before Remington there were some target pistols in bolt action be they never were common.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...xp-100-pistol/

https://www.gunsamerica.com/98216476...-Remington.htm

https://www.remington.com/handguns/700-cp

https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun

Weatherby doesn't make them anymore https://gunauction.com/buy/12635732/...ion-pistol-nib
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-19-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I have a Remington XP-100 single shot in 7mm BR. It is exceptionally accurate, but I don't use it much. I've been thinking about selling it, with the 3x-12x Burris pistol scope, but I don't know how much to ask.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    I have a Remington XP-100 single shot in 7mm BR. It is exceptionally accurate, but I don't use it much. I've been thinking about selling it, with the 3x-12x Burris pistol scope, but I don't know how much to ask.
    This one sold for $730.99. I see people asking as much as $1400, however, ones that actually sell are between $600 and $900.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/13093215

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Thank you.

I should have added the XP-100R, the Kauger Arms Black Widow, and other specialty pistols that can hold more than one round to the thread.
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Boolit Grand Master

For those that are not aware Ernie specializes in long range handgunning. Longest shot I've made on a prairie dog is 453 yards. That is a chip shot in Ernie's world.

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/05/15...uxNgFKy9jhD4Mk

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...AnLKHJH5BF0jPo
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-19-2020 at 04:42 PM.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    This is my XP-100 in 7br. I thought I wanted a fajen thumbhole stock in the 90's so had to have the barrel bobbed to make weight. It has a set on Williams rear sights and a redfield front. I am shooting a lbt 130 gr spitzer that shoots as well as I can.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Buddy
    XP-100 chamberings:

22 Bench Rest

25 Bench Rest

Jim Stekl's 6mm American

250 Savage Ackley Improved

7mm TCU

308 Armadillo

338-284

44X308
    Last edited by ASSASSIN; 05-19-2020 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

Boolit Grand Master

What an 308 Armadillo?

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    The "Armadillo" series of cartridges are based on the full length 30-30 Winchester case necked to the appropriate caliber, with absolute minimum body taper, sharp shoulder angle, and caliber specific neck length.

Cartridges range from .224 caliber up through and including .375 caliber.

All cartridges are far more "improved" than what any Ackley Improved cartridge is.

These cartridges were designed for the T/C Encore, Ruger #1 and Browning 1885. And since modifying the Remington XP-100 bolt face and installing Sako extractors, the Remington is now included in this list.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds very similar to the 257 JDJ and the 6.5 JDJ. I love my 6.5 JDJ.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Because of the pressure difference between the 30-30 and 225 Winchester brass, the 225 based cartridges are about 100 fps. faster than the 30-30 based cartridges.

But! Use 375 Winchester brass in the Armadillo series of cartridges, then the much stronger brass beats the 225 based cartridges by 200+ fps..

Boolit Buddy
    I have an xp100 in 7mmbr, as mentioned, it is very accurate, but I also just don't shoot it as much as I should.
    Barry

Boolit Buddy
    EXPLODING chicken eggs @ 600 yards with a pistol is a lot of fun, and just as "interactive" as full 12 oz. soda pop cans.

Boolit Master
    I have XP-100's in 7BR and .260 Rem. When I used to shoot IHMSA, would do one 40 with cast bullets "just because".
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Bayside Custom Gunworks 7mm Dakota...175 grain ELD-X at 2900 fps.
    So easy even a 13 year old can do it.
    Got to love ones first shot ever with a specialty pistol...let's start with 500 yards!
    https://youtu.be/pDPx5sh8kPg
    https://youtu.be/cRfCxi1oU4A
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Boolit Master

XP100 in 7mm BR. It shoots WAY, better than I do!
    I also likes the look of the new Nosler, just can't seem to come up with the caliber I want, or the money. Not necessarily in that order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast