Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Trying to find a lee classic 10 gauge reloaded kit

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Trying to find a lee classic 10 gauge reloaded kit

Never new they existed! Figured it would be an economical way to get started in reloading my 10 gauge shells. I probably would only load a box or so at a time so this looks like a great option to get me started. Anyone know where I could find one?

Boolit Master
    go to FLEABAY they have them for sale.

I looked and couldn't find a 10 gauge one can you post a link

Boolit Master

Better get your CC ready..... these Lee kits are bringing stupid high prices.

Most popular shotgun kits are over $100

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master
    dsh1106, is right they are getting in telephone #brs. on prices !who would ever thought?? but don't give up-remember that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then!!

Boolit Master
    Keep a eye out for a good deal , I picked up a 3 1/2 -10 gage off of eBay for 25. + shipping not to long ago .
    On the other hand I was out bid on a 410 loader - I bid it up to 110

I want the 3.5” version.

I found a guy in Michigan called lanesreloading still makes these kits. Looks like the 3.5” is $65.00

http://lane371.dotster.com/instructions.html

I still Will still look to try and find a lee kit like the deal above first^^^

I found two listings on eBay for $199 each. I’ll save my money and buy a Mec 600 for $29 more that will do a way better job. The whole reason I was looking for a lee is I figured they could be bought cheap. Guess not in less you find a deal. I was hoping to find a set for 40 bucks give or take. The lanes kits brand new start at $50 in 10 gauge.

I saw some other crimp tool that chucked up to an electric drill For $29. Looks like I’d have to use cardboard cards instead of folding over the crimp.

Here’s the crimping tool...

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Or...ctinfo/ROLL10/

Looks pretty easy for a $29 tool! My question is will the paper white in front of it be just as good as folding over plastic pedals? And how do I size the brass? I don’t plan on loading more than 25 or 50 at a time so I don’t care if it takes a long time as long as I can save some money with a cheaper kit like this instead of having to spend hundreds of dollars on a price.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-20-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Boolit Master
    I love to roll crimp . What are you intending to shoot them out of ? 2-7/8 or 3 in roll crimp shells would be a fun 10 gage project .
    Then those Remington 10 gage wads would fit and stack good .
    Last edited by toallmy; 05-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.

3 1/2 plastic shells out of my browning gold semi auto and 2 7/8” plastic cut down out of my 1890’s Charles daly.

I would like to load up some 2 1/4 oz #6 shot 3.5” for turkey. I would like to get by as economically as possible on reloading tools because I don't hardly shoot them.

If I bought a $29 ballistic products Cordless drill I insert I’m sure I could make the rest of the tools for reloading except for whatever is needed to resize the brass. I would assume I could get somebody to make a hollow metal tube to resize the Fired brass? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-20-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Boolit Master
    A role crimper + 50 New primed hulls + a few wads and over shot cards gets you 2 boxes of loaded shells .
    Don't forgot the powder . When you add up the cost you will find out it's probably cheaper to just buy a couple boxes , but what fun would that be .

No one sells 2 1/4 oz 6 shot lead loads anymore so that is why I wanted to get into loading for it.

Years ago I got a Mec for my 10 ga and the guy that had order it for me told me that that ammo will hard to find in what ever shot I want and let alone will not have the 2 7/8".I do have the data for the 2 7/8" for the 10 ga . I can load what ever I want. At the time I got the loader it was $75 new . I got the part to load the 2 7/8 on the press also. Now can do both length.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    3 1/2 plastic shells out of my browning gold semi auto and 2 7/8” plastic cut down out of my 1890’s Charles daly.

I would like to load up some 2 1/4 oz #6 shot 3.5” for turkey. I would like to get by as economically as possible on reloading tools because I don't hardly shoot them.

If I bought a $29 ballistic products Cordless drill I insert I’m sure I could make the rest of the tools for reloading except for whatever is needed to resize the brass. I would assume I could get somebody to make a hollow metal tube to resize the Fired brass? Any suggestions?
    MEC Sizemaster or Supersizer. Whichever it is that just sizes the hull.
    If you shoot the hulls fired in your shotgun, you might not need to size them. Shotguns are low pressure.

You can just buy the sizing ring from MEC and size the brass manually. Slow, but can be done . This is what I do to load 410 shells.
    https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.c...ding-kit/60500
    Last edited by Shawlerbrook; 05-21-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    You can just buy the sizing ring from MEC and size the brass manually. Slow, but can be done . This is what I do to load 410 shells.
    https://fromthetrenchesworldreport.c...ding-kit/60500

Thanks. Never reloaded shotgun before. I would assume a mec sizer and an 8 point crimp starter are about the only tools I’ll need. The rest of the tools I need that are similar to the lee loader kit look like they can be made pretty easily. Looks like both can be had for about $10 each. So for $20 I can make my own led style kit?

I would assume I just push this over my shell to get The crimp started?
    Last edited by Pressman; 05-21-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: No eBay links

Boolit Master
    I went down the 10 gage rabbit hole a few years ago thank goodness I lived through it . When I finally crawled out I had a lot of respect for store bought shells & a lot less money .
    If you're trying to make factory equivalent turkey loads for hunting save yourself a lot of aggravation and just buy some would be my advice .
    Now if you're interested in just enjoying yourself loading your own , go for it , but keep your expectations reasonable .
    A roll crimper , & resizing ring will get you started . But you're not going to save money

The reason I wanted to get into it is not to save money. It’s because Remington and Federal discontinued their 2 1/4” Oz #6 turkey loads. That’s about all I’d load up in 3.5”. I’d probably load up some lead BB for coyotes since I’m down to one box of 25, 10 gauge wingshot. I basically want do it be because of the lack of ammo offerings. Also it would be fun to load up some black powder equivalent loads for my 2 7/8” Damascus Charles Daly side-by-side and harvest a turkey with it. Might have to load some lead BB and take a coyote as well. I bought a couple of boxes of #5, 1 1/4oz RSTs to try but the gun is getting checked out by my smith along with installing a pair of new hammers on it.

Boolit Master
    That’s a good enough reason in my way of thinking , but I enjoy loading shells anyway .
    If I can help in anyway I’d be tickled to do it .

Banned

A guy has a Ponses Warren 10 gauge loader advertised locally for $275 I noticed today. I want a 10 gauge someday, almost tempted to get it as a hedge against that.