RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Beretta 76

Boolit Master

Beretta 76

Classic is offering these and wondering if anyone has experience the Beretta Model 76. Looks very nice and the price is not inexpensive for surplus so I am wondering.

Thanks

Don't see how you could go wrong, Beretta makes fine handguns.

Boolit Master
    As I look into this it does not appear for me. Thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like too much $$$ to me. You add shipping and transfer and it's over $500. Also based on my previous purchases from this vendor the condition is hit or miss (hand select doesn't mean anything).

I have one. Love it.

Boolit Master
    I agree it is too many $ for what is being offered and the risks of buying sight unseen. Simpsons offers a few for sale with wood grips and pictures of condition for not much more money. Also reading on Rimfire Central gives mixed reviews of the model. I take it as a decent plinker in very uncertain condition and the trigger/accuracy of the one received unknown.

Mine is the wood grip model with the thumb shelf. I don't remember how much it cost new, but it was not an expensive gun. Accuracy is on par with a Ruger Mk II, which is to say, pretty good. It doesn't compare with my S&W Model 41, but at the price it would be unreasonable to compare it to a Model 41.

Boolit Grand Master
    The price is what has held me back. At 400 bucks I would be all in, but that extra 80 bucks, with only one mag? Just a bar to high for me to clear.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Tatume, we agree; however my perspective is, at the what I believe to be too high price, it makes sense to add in some more money and keep on the lookout for better.
    Last edited by PB234; 05-20-2020 at 04:01 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    The price is what has held me back. At 400 bucks I would be all in, but that extra 80 bucks, with only one mag? Just a bar to high for me to clear.
    It would not surprise me to see Classic selling surplus mags in the future. Since it is an old pistol one needs to buy the mag when one can and so this $500+ fully costed purchase would approach $600 or so after getting a couple more mags.
    Last edited by PB234; 05-20-2020 at 03:58 AM.