MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2PBcastcoReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Confusion

Boolit Bub

Confusion

I look at castboolits infrequently. And now I see a subscription charge. Not a bug deal, cut rather than do a bunch of research I thought I’d ask.
    Shotgun

Moderator Emeritus

To MY understanding, Shotgun31, anyone may view all the posts and pages on the castboolits.gunloads.com site freely, and without any charge. However -- which my be the root of your confusion -- is there is a "Team Boolits" section. This is for a variety of membership levels, including patrons, donors, and vendors -- free to view. Bandwidth is indeed quite costly, and there is no such thing as a free lunch for web-sites/forums. Hence, Vendors need pay a reasonable fee for the privilege to post their wares; and, those who realize the site's labour is more than love -- bucks are needed! -- 100% voluntarily contribute a few dollars to become Team Boolit Members. You may view in the Forum the sub-section labeled Team Boolits, in the Commercial Section where a subscription is required to make a post; this also enables "other" items to be purveyed. Note that their is no subscription/costs for YOU (or any good member) to list items in Swap&Sell -- albeit there are rules which need be followed. (E.g., one must have 30 meaningful posts; as well as several others -- read them in http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...mp-Definitions if you wish.
    You may check out, http://castboolits.gunloads.com/cmps...page=donations, to see the DONATIONS, and their costs. Note I typed the word, donation, in Cap's, as -- 'cept for vendors -- this wonderful, family-friendly site is free for all.
    I hope I answered your question, at least "mostly" . Perhaps another Mod, or # 1 might add to this, and even make a correction or two if I mis-wrote.
    In any case -- welcome to the Forum!
    geo

Cast Boolits Owner

You are correct this is a free to use site but there are cost such as Bandwidth and webmasters so the site depends on yearly fundraisers and Donations through the Team Boolit Program to help keep the site running.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -