WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Imperfect Perfecta!

Imperfect Perfecta!

While at home observing my "shelter in place" I've been trying to kill time catching up at my reloading bench. Like most avid reloaders, I pick-up any good looking case discarded at the range. To that end, I have a accumulated a couple gallons of .223 brass which I am now finally getting around to decapping, pocket swaging, cleaning & sorting. After all those thousands of handle pulls, I remember a few problem cases that I backed off & wiggled the case in the shell holder, etc. to get them decapped. In the sorting process I discovered 15 cases labeled "PERFECTA - .223 REM." Never heard of them but their name is obviously misleading. Out of 15, maybe 2 had a centered flash hole!

I'm thankful I was using a MEC Marksman with floating shell holder & a heavy-duty Mighty Armory decapping die. If I was FL sizing instead, a busted decapping pin or bent sizing stem would have been very probable! Just FYI....

Attachment 262269 Attachment 262270
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master
    Haven't bothered to look up who or where they are made, but I have found a few 9mm cases with the perfecta headstamp. Seems to reload ok, I use it in situations where picking up spent brass is not an option.

Pure comedy when compared to your pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Perfect��

I had a entire 50 re box of Agullia(Mexican mfg I think ) in 223 that were similar to that , not one centered flash hole inthe box
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    I try not to use Fiocchi brass. Very hard, very brittle, hard to size and tends to split necks etc. I dont know if annealing would help but not worth the trouble. Thats why we have that recycle brass bucket right lol?

Quote Originally Posted by marek313 View Post
    Thats why we have that recycle brass bucket right lol?
    They fit in the bucket nicely with the Berdan primed stuff.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Same thing with GFL (also made by Fiocchi). Here's the funny part though-- When I got my 223 Rem a couple of years ago I made up test batches of ammo-- 20 to the batch and each batch a different headstamp. One batch was GFL all with off-center flash-holes. The odd part is that my rifle was most accurate with the GFL brass. go figure
    Hick: Iron sights!

Banned

I don't shoot or reload 223/5.56 myself, but I have found all three of these head stamps in pistol brass. I have found some of these head stamps with off center flash holes in the past, but I haven't seen any pistol brass with them off center lately. Of the three I have reloaded some GFL 9mm's with no problems. Haven't loaded any Fiocchi or Perfecta.

Boolit Grand Master

Perfecta is one of those that I put back for hard times. About every 5 years or so this "hard times" brass gets gathered up and sold for scrap!

Boolit Buddy
    I have loaded a small batch or 2 of perfecta just to see how it behaves. (308 Win & 357 Mag )

No problems on my test batches.

Boolit Master
    While I agree that Perfecta brass is scrap metal, it's really not that much worse than what I see coming from Winchester. A greater percentage of the Perfecta brass is scrap, but Winchester isn't that far behind. Just my personal experience.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    While I agree that Perfecta brass is scrap metal, it's really not that much worse than what I see coming from Winchester. A greater percentage of the Perfecta brass is scrap, but Winchester isn't that far behind. Just my personal experience.
    Winchester was one of my favorites at one time. But it seems that their QC has really slipped. Winchester brass is one of the reasons that I bought an annealing machine.

Boolit Buddy
    Prefecta 357 brass was one of the few that could stand up to the bloated chamber on my Rossi M92. I was also rather pleased with their 38 special. I guess I got lucky.
    quando omni flunkus moritati