RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hope to go shooting tomorrow

Jip, that is South Africa...our government somehow decided that banning the sale of tobacco products and booze will stop the spread of the virus.....
    Last edited by hermans; 05-18-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

hermans -- Interestingly, I just heard on radio news last night -- my county is "starting (Phase I) to re-open" effective Friday, past -- what is, and is not 'opening'. "Talk" included a discussion on liquor shops, and reporter suggested the MAIN reason these stores were NOT closed/impacted was because (he suggested) the government feared everyone would be making their own at home, with a resurgence of illegal booze distribution greater than during Prohibition ! Listed (I didn't write any down ) were several manufacturers now doing a booming business selling "make your own" stills, too.
    To shooting, I belong to two ranges, and have a small recreational "camp". Later this week -- will be my FIRST outing in 2020 -- I plan to put a couple, each, handguns and rifles in the truck -- and spend a day at either of least-populated ranges. I'll throw in an air-rifle, too -- to go to and shoot at camp if both ranges are too busy.
    To my way of thinking, I'd rather miss a day of shooting now, than the rest of my life if impacted with Covid-19.
    geo

Boolit Master
    I almost didn't know what to do with myself this whole time. I shoot at a minimum of once a week under normal circumstances and sometimes 2 or 3 times per week. My lead oxide anemia was getting serious! We, Kansas, got shut down down fairly early in this mess and our matches got canceled. Finally got to burn some powder & send some lead downrange last night! I needed that!
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 05-18-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    The gun Club I am a member of was closed for about 2 weeks. It is strictly outdoors except for the club house. All
    matches were canceled until this week. We have our first official Bullseye match the first Sat. In June. I have been out there twice in the
    last month. I should have gone this past weekend but had other things needing doing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hermans View Post
    Jip, that is South Africa...our government somehow decided that banning the sale of tobacco products and booze will stop the spread of the virus.....
    Strange. I thought it odd that OUR government deemed liquor stores essential, but computer stores and computer service companies not. Yet half the population is supposedly working/schooling from home. Seems a computer is essential for that...

Boolit Grand Master
    I wish we could go shooting anytime soon.
    Only range for the public, run by the city, is still closed.
    Golf, tennis, parks, beached, limited open.
    Ball fields, basketball courts, pools, kids play grounds, still closed
    I have a feeling range will be closed for many more months.
    damacrats in power here.

Boolit Master

I actually went again yesterday, and hope to sneak out today too. I seem to have the place to myself, at least so far

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick L View Post
    I actually went again yesterday, and hope to sneak out today too. I seem to have the place to myself, at least so far
    Nice !
    It would sure be nice to have a place like a lot of folks here that can walk out the back door and shoot.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Nice !
    It would sure be nice to have a place like a lot of folks here that can walk out the back door and shoot.
    That would be me, pistol at least (or muzzleloader).
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Master
    Given the collective government wisdom of NY, City and State, I would not be surprised if the common pee-on public was required to stay home except for brief trips for food, liquor or an abortion and then only if well sealed in industrial grade, super-size zip-loc baggies.

I'm in the age and health bracket most sensitive to the virus. But, given my normal lack of faith in gobbermint and the various looney "scientists" the panic ridden and partizan driven MSM "news" media many people listen to, I haven't payed much attention to the current rules other than my usual common-sense lifestyle. I mean I don't normally French kiss strangers or lick my fingers clean in public places anyway so I haven't felt much constriction.

Financially, we're pretty safe, I'm retired with a small but income sufficent - so far - for our needs. But two of our three kids and their families, and many others just like them, are not so lucky. Government closing them out of their jobs means they're without income and being without income means they and their kids will starve.

Starvation for millions is a very bad side effect Pelosi/Shumer, and other Democrats are willing to pay in their insane efforts to supposedly save their version of America from a virus they still know and care very little about!

So, don't I "listen to the scientists" running around in frantic circles while screaming "The sky is falling"? Sure, but always with large grains of salt; if what they say doesn't make sense - and a lot of it doesn't - I tend to ignore them.

Have any of you ever noticed how often high paid expert weather scientists with all of their computer models so often get tomorrow's weather predictions wrong? Remember how "Y2K" was going to bring life as we know it to a halt? Remember how "acid rain" was going to kill all things green? Remember back in 1975 how "global freezing" and a mile thick layer of ice was going to kill us all (especially NYC and Baba Strisand) before, in the mid-1980s, the same scientific climate experts suddenly realized that manmade "global warming" was going to fry the planet (especially NYC and AOC) and put vast swaths of the world's coastlines under water unless American pee-ons didn't revert to a 1650 "systainable" lifestyle before 1997?

Remember all the horrors of long past scientific flaps about "Alar" on apples, "ozone holes" at the poles, horrid trivial amounts of "second-hand smoke", "DDT", "asbestos", "radon gas", etc., etc., that were all brought to us by liberal goobermint and its always compliant "news" media and politically approved "scientific experts"? Well, I remember them too ... and laff. So my nervous level about the current "liberal" scientific expert's raging new fear-fads of the moment rarely gets very high.

Like all the other terror filled expert times, I expect this virus will eventually be proven to be far less hazardous and will kill far fewer people than we're being told to expect. In fact I believe, as is common with most other gobbermint/media panic flaps, the side effects of our current expert "solutions" is probably killing more people than it's saving.

Anyway, to the degree possible, I refuse to placidly relinquish my God given rights as a grown man to the whims of goobermint tyrants. I will eventually die of something but I won't die in submission before "liberal" politicians determined to rule over me ("all for my own good" I'm sure ... ??).

I once wore a military uniform. I swore an oath to defend and protect the Constitution and people of the USA from all enemies, domestic and foreign, to the death, but not to protect ego-mad idiots in the hollow headed halls of gobbermint! The old uniform is long gone but my oath still applies; it didn't have a time limit and today's politicians had damp well understand that.

Bottom line, I'd much rather live and die on my feet like a man than to live like a humiliated serf on my knees. Kindly (?) "liberal" politicians, and their current crop of mind-numbed, uniformed KGB & Gestapo type American thugs blindly enforcing unconstitutional and often silly rules to protect their own jobs will have to pry my guns from my cold, dead fingers ... after I run out of ammo. (And, thankfully, I know several local LEOs who will side with me.)

God, please help the men of your people save the USA from the political control of "liberal" Democrat masters!
    Last edited by 1hole; 05-23-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Boolit Master

I went shooting a month ago with my brother and his grandson. With only one designated range in the county it can sometimes get busy. We were only shooting pistols so we were good. My nephew grew up shooting and took his new-ish pistol. It turns out he didn't like his as much as my brother and my Glocks. Oh well, the main thing is we went and had a good training session. His dad laid a good foundation and we built upon that.

My nephew was in a training program that got shut down so he has been staying with my brother. Pretty cool to have him around, hoping to get back shooting again before he goes back to trade school. Funny how many things we take for granted. Fortunately, my brother and I are retired so lots of time to share, and lots of barbecue!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    "ozone holes"[/i]
    They got fixed.

As soon as the 1st Pres. Bush left office, even the ozone hole over Kennebunkport, Maine closed up and hasn't been a problem since..
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    California still has social distancing in place, along with other restrictions. That makes isolated practice on my club's ranges possible, but matches, with their squads of sometimes twenty or more sociable folks, are problematic.

Boolit Master
    I shot a USPSA match yesterday, the match director is limiting the squads to 10 shooters and skipped the shooters meeting to limit the amount of people in one area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12