Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Wrong with My Lee Pot

I’ve had all the pots, bottom pour. I pour all kind of fishing lures and bullets. A long time ago I decided to get big standard pot and pour with ladles. I figure I make up for the time by not having to fool with bottom pour problems. They all have it from cheap Lees to the top shelf models. A lot of casting problems are caused by one pot guys that melt scrap in their bullet pot. Dross and dirt in bottom pour assembly will plug it up or prevent it from shutting off.

Boolit Buddy
    I had the same problem with my drippy Lee pot. I had to bend the cheap wire that holds the metering rod in the spout so that the rod would not travel far enough to come out of the seat. That would empty a pot and was really nothing I could do about it while it was happening. It ended up being too much overtravel of the metering rod and it would come completely out of the spout. Always place your drippy Lee pot in a deep cookie sheet or a cake pan. Works for me.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    With all the issues, ever consider a plain pot and cast with a ladle ?
    Regards
    John

Banned
    About once a year I empty my Lee 20lb pot and clean it out. I take out the rod and clean the tip with emery cloth or steel wool. I then clean the hole where the rod sits with an old rod spinning with polishing compound.

I re-assemble the pot and fill it with water. I then turn on the pot and when the water is boiling I scrape the side with a clean wire brush. Dump it out, let it dry and go back to work.

I try to only put clean ingots in the pot. I should make it a point to flux more often also.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    As others have said, I threw my drip-o-matics in the trash long ago. Ladle is the way to go. I save time not messing with the drips and clogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12