RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: feeling stupid

Banned

feeling stupid

got this micro roni stock thing for a glock. Put my glock 22 in it and wanted some high capacity mags. I went through crap with my glock mag ar15 9mm. ets and kci mags didn't run for squat in it. Only good mags were the glock factorys (which are expensive) and the magpuls. Well I figured this 40 deal would run better considering its in all reality a glock and glocks run about anything. So I bought two kcis and two ets's. What a disaster. Neither will run much more then 5 rounds before stove piping or jamming. Got looking on line and saw some were blaming the micro roni saying it made glocks unreliable. Well mine ran a 100 percent with the factory glock standard capacity glock 22 mags. So I ordered 2 magpuls and 2 glock mags. Got the magpuls yesterday and ran probably 300 rounds of mixed cast bullet loads through the gun without a single jam. I contacted kci and they said theyd send me 2 more mags no questions asked. I told them no thanks. When I got ahold of ets they wanted me to pay to return the old mags. Told them it would cost me more then there worth between gas to run to the po and the shipping costs just for them to throw them away. I had receipts for both buys and all I wanted was my money back. Or even some standard capacity mags to see if they would work. I was treated like I was trying to pull a fast one on them. Live and learn! Price shouldn't always be what a guy looks at. I wasted enough money on these 4 mags that are worthless to buy 2 magpuls or one glock mag that would actually work. just makes me mad I wasn't smart enough to learn the first time.

Boolit Buddy
    That brings back memories. My eldest son went through the same thing with his Beretta 92. He bought 2 or 3 cheap aftermarket mags, nothing but headaches. He finally bought a couple mecgars, problem solved, and used the cheap mags for targets. Inexpensive ain't always a bargain.

Boolit Master

Learned a long time ago, just run the factory mags. There are some reliable aftermarket manufacturere, but the good ones are usually close in cost to the factory mags anyway.

Boolit Master

I went thru the same thing with a Mini-14 several years ago. I wanted a couple of 30 round magazine for it and ordered from an after market "wonder" magazine group. When they came I tried them out and was really disappointed. If you put over 23 or 24 rounds in the mag, they would jam. I called the people who sold them to me, no dice, said call the manufacturer. I called the manufacture company. They claimed I had damaged the mags in some way and would not talk about an exchange or refund. After a day or so of thinking I decided to try one more time and called them again. Soon as I told them my name they hung up. Needless to same I passed that info around at the local gun club. I don't think that company is in business now. This was back in the 80's.

Boolit Grand Master
    It is tempting to save money on something as "simple" as a magazine. Good lesson to pay once and cry once.

I had an issue with six 30 round 9mm M59 magazines I purchased for a Sub-2000. Half would work most of the time. That made them useless for home self-defense.
    Don Verna