Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any kayak fishermen here?

Boolit Master
    It may just be me but I prefer a canoe. I have fished from canoes for decades before kayaks became a thing. I understand that kayaks are easier to paddle and some have pedal drive but they are so confining and limited. I am going to stick with a canoe. If you caught a big fish what would you do with it in a kayak. The cooler is too hard to get too in the kayak and everyone is right you want to seal up your important stuff like wallet, phone, smokes, etc. in a kayak or a canoe and yes, a paddlers life vest is a must. I use a canoe and when alone I paddle it backward and with two or three of us we go forward. Don't imagine you could have three in a Kayak.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Kokanee, gotta look that up. Don’t think we have them around here.
    Kokanee is just a type o salmon about the only ones that can survive being Locked in by dams. Real good eating though
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy
    I bought an Ozark Trail Pro Angler 12 last year and love it. Sit on type, wide, and extremely stable. I can stand up in it and move around within reason. From what I have experienced, it would be pretty hard to roll it over. It has two locking compartments for dry storage (zip-loc bags are your friend) two rod holders, two rod storage holders, very comfortable adjustable seat, and is very stable in the water. I only use it in ponds, lakes, and small slow moving rivers. It's not a racer by any means but is perfect for my occasional puddle jumping. Yakkin' is a great way to actually see and enjoy nature. I used to own an Astro 20' bass boat with 200 h.p. motor, depth/fish finders, etc. etc. I could get from fishing hole to fishing hole very fast... but I find the Kayak much more enjoyable. And it gives an upper body workout.
    I wear a vest and have a safety whistle on a neck lanyard for the "common sense impaired" boaters who show up occasionally. Also have my 1911 in shoulder rig if needed. Be safe, have fun.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Buddy
    I used to have Native Ultimate 14.5 single because I'm tall. Its the most stable sit in with very interesting design that I could even stand in and fish. Also has the most comfortable seat which is important because you wont use it if your constantly in pain. I even used it in the ocean bays around here with no problem. Very stable and comfortable.

https://nativewatercraft.com/product...e-14-5-tandem/

I upgraded to a peddle drive last summer. Was very happy with it. Got a handheld fish finder with transducer mounted in a scupper hole so theres no chance of it getting hit, as well as i know that the screws locations are in a solid piece so it cant leak into the hull.

Ive also mounted a spotlight and a spot/flood combo on the rails. Added the dedicated spot because the combo was only good to about 75 yards for seeing jugs and 150 for seeing bank. I am expecting the dedicated spot to double those. Working on red interior lights to keep bugs away. And of course got nav and ancor lights to be night legal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1617073248087.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	280498
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been fishing from an Old Town 138 Loon for 25+ years. They work excellent. My biggest advice is to simplify everything you are going to use. You have very little room so the more goodies you take with you, the harder it is to function when you have to. Simplify and Reduce!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12