Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bullets & Brass Swap Box

Boolit Master
    JimB, when you get that box,, and bust it up,, I can use some of the brass. I'll post up a normal; PIF with other things.

Boolit Bub
    box going to JimB anyone needs anything from it contact JimB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ulk77more View Post
    box going to JimB anyone needs anything from it contact JimB
    Do you have a tracking number for it, haven’t seen it yet.

Edit: ulk77more hasn’t been on since he told me that he was shipping it tomorrow on 11/20. I sent him an email, hopefully he’s just been busy or the USPS is being slow.

Edit2: heard from him, been sick and working, will ship tomorrow.
    Last edited by JimB..; 12-01-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Boolit Master
    Well it took USPS about 6 days to deliver the box that was shipped priority 2 day, but I’ve got it. I’ll figure out what to do with it in the next few days.
    Jim

Boolit Bub

PM sent to JimB..

Boolit Bub

A few dozen .303 British brass and less than a couple dozen cast boolits received from JimB.. today. It's like Christmas!

I'll see if I can't post something up on PIF...thanks!

Boolit Bub

Are the items still available or was the package broken up? There’s a few things I'd like to get... I just retired from the Army and my last 3 years were in Korea, where there is zero acceptance for privately owned firearms. So before I went there I got rid of a lot of reloading components. Now I'm back home I'm trying to restock my supplies... But the ammo shortage is severely hampering things.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmacro View Post
    Are the items still available or was the package broken up? There’s a few things I'd like to get... I just retired from the Army and my last 3 years were in Korea, where there is zero acceptance for privately owned firearms. So before I went there I got rid of a lot of reloading components. Now I'm back home I'm trying to restock my supplies... But the ammo shortage is severely hampering things.
    Broken up, but post what you need over in the helping hands subforum and often times things work out.

Aw man. I'd just got internet piped up on the mountain instead of using McWendBell free wifi only to find out my baby, like most people throughout human history, didn't even live to see it's first birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by ulk77more View Post
    removed lee .50 real
    removed .458 -450g
    removed .452-300g

removed the .40 cartriges (X32 .430 from 40 S&W swaged hollow point)that were live but had the primer dimpled. A small jar or jolt can cause them to fire
    as they already are damaged (also by federal regulations any amount of powder requires hazmat fee of $50.00) remember nothing is ever just tossed around in a USPS truck They handle everything like it is glass.
    Not that it matters (especially now), but
    A) they were bullets, not cartridges
    B) they were not live. If they were they would have went off when I heat bonded the cores
    C) They were not dimpled, the primer strike pushed back out from the force of swaging
    D) No jolt would have caused them to fire until loaded into a new cartridge with a live primer

I suggest swinging by the swage forums.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verkill View Post
    Aw man. I'd just got internet piped up on the mountain instead of using McWendBell free wifi only to find out my baby, like most people throughout human history, didn't even live to see it's first birthday.
    Sorry overkill, it really had become a bit of a mess. I sent almost everything to 4 or 5 people. Have a tin of orange plastic discs and gas checks left that I think are for making shot shells, but not sure.

Some of the cast bullets were good examples of why commercial casters go hard with their alloy and lube.

Since I hadn’t seen the box at that point I had no idea what ulk77more was talking about, but mistaking swaged bullets for cartridges is amusing, especially since the box also included some primed brass.

If you want to start another I’m happy to donate some stuff, just know that it has a half-life of less than a year.

Oh, and sorry, I thought that Bazoo had started it.
    Jim

No I didn’t start it but I started the thread and was running it. I thought it was dead or I’d not okayed breaking it down.

When I had it, not to name names of who done it, but some of that brass was garbage. It was vertigrised to the point of ruined. And some of the bullets, well let’s just say, I would have culled them. Guess that’s what you deal with.

That said, I’m game to put in to start a new one. I got some new moulds I could make various samples from.

Boolit Bub
    I currently cast for 357, 41, 44, 45, 475, and 500(.512"). I'd pitch some of each in to get it restarted.

I can pitch in some brass and a few varieties of bullets. But I don’t want to honcho it. I got too much stuff going on right now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234