Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you offer?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    I know this is blasphemy here but I wouldn't pay $200 combined! I have no interest except maybe wall hangers.

Check this link https://trapdoorcollector.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Condition as stated $500 for both would be my top offer
    I'm somewhere between these. I hate to go bother the man to get more information and pictures just to low ball offer.

Next time I go over, he has already stated he's gonna give me a "hard" sell and no reasonable offer refused, so I'll take some pictures and measurements.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Question is ..... Do you really want to own these rifles and have a “ project” ? I buy guns like this all the time but I have a shop, tools, time and actually like bringing guns back to life.
    I personally don’t own any wall hangers, Anything I buy has to be able to be made shootable or I am not interested. Wish you luck !

Jed

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    Question is ..... Do you really want to own these rifles and have a “ project” ? I buy guns like this all the time but I have a shop, tools, time and actually like bringing guns back to life.
    I personally don’t own any wall hangers, Anything I buy has to be able to be made shootable or I am not interested. Wish you luck !

Jed
    Yep, the million dollar question. Someday, I'd like to. got most of the tools, just lack the want to.....at the moment.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Project rifles were all I could afford when I was younger and raising a bunch of kids. So I cut my teeth on buying junk that others walked away from, and fixing them up to add to my collection. Now when I can afford to buy nicer guns, it's almost a disappointment to buy a gun that needs nothing done to it. I usually tear them down to basic parts, just to make sure nothing is wrong, or ready to break. But if they don't need anything it leaves me with a nice gun, but no repairs to do. I kinda enjoy finding things to fix on guns, and still like to buy project guns more than perfect guns.

Boolit Grand Master
    Can't speak authoritatively on price. I think the market varies widely depending your area and local trends. I was given a .43 Egyptian that was so badly kept that the wood was dry and the bore rusted. The exterior was of a normal pantina that really needed oiling and rubbing. The stock drank in some "Lin-Speed" oil, which really even the various splinters & shrinkage. I took it to Bob Hoyt and he did a re-line into a .45-70, and man-oh-man, it shoots great now. Still working out plinker & hunting loads, but I plan on having some fun with this one. Most of my friends don't have experience with historical arms, and although this one isn't actually historical anymore because of the caliber conversion, it's close enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12