WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: FR8 Barrel thread pitch

FR8 Barrel thread pitch

I've been digging around the internet, and can't seem to find this information. Does anyone here known the thread pitch of a Spanish FR8? I am assuming it's the same as a CETME, but I can only find info for new-production CETME barrels, and I have no idea if any of the Century guns retain their original threading. I wan to install a quick-detach muzzle device, for a can.

Boolit Grand Master

It's the standard M98 Mauser thread pitch...…..because it is a M98 or the Spanish M47 version of the M98.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy
    Thread pitch gages will solve the problem. If you know any machinists to borrow one from.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    It's the standard M98 Mauser thread pitch...…..because it is a M98 or the Spanish M47 version of the M98.
    The FR8 has a flash-hider installed, just like the CETME it augmented/served as a training aid for. I haven't removed it yet, and I won't until I actually have my suppressor, but it is these threads that I am concerned with. I don't know of any other Mausers that had flash-hiders.d the

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HumptyDumpty View Post
    The FR8 has a flash-hider installed, just like the CETME it augmented/served as a training aid for. I haven't removed it yet, and I won't until I actually have my suppressor, but it is these threads that I am concerned with. I don't know of any other Mausers that had flash-hiders.d the
    Go ahead and pull the flash hider off it just screws on and off then you can measure the thread and pitch . I have had mine off several times but never worred about measureing it

Quote Originally Posted by tdoor4570 View Post
    Go ahead and pull the flash hider off it just screws on and off then you can measure the thread and pitch . I have had mine off several times but never worred about measureing it
    Do you recall if it is right or left hand?

Boolit Grand Master

My bad, had the other end of the barrel in mind. Thought I had the pitch written down someplace as I removed mine but can't seem to find it. It was a metric pitch so I rethreaded mine for a M14 Flash suppressor castle nut. Then I could also put the Sionics suppressor on it and the m14 flash suppressor which is now on mine.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Do you recall if it is right or left hand?
    will pull it out and check tomorrow

Boolit Master
    to the left loose to the right tighten that is on my FR7 my son has my FR8

Quote Originally Posted by tdoor4570 View Post
    to the left loose to the right tighten that is on my FR7 my son has my FR8
    Thanks, I wouldn't think that they are different. Now I'll know whether I am turning the proper direction, or it is just tight. Six-plus decades can really seize up threads.

Boolit Buddy

I believe they are the same, 15x1mm, right hand. I like the original flash hiders designated for cetme and FR8, they look good and are functional. And also important, original.

Boolit Buddy
    Yup M15x1.0

I have a yhm phantom on mine, its a hoot.
    I collect exotic ammo, if you have something interesting let me know.