• Its a tie

3 8.11%
  • Don't know

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The battle between good and evil

Boolit Master

The battle between good and evil

I saw a post today that said Satan was winning.

In times like these it seems we see the best in people come out but we also see some evil.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Evil will ultimately loose.
    But, in the mean time....good people are doing nothing.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master
    If we could defeat evil, Jesus would not need to return. We are unable or unwilling to defeat it. God did not design us to be perfectly "good". We can show goodness but we would victims in the world we live in...so we show goodness to those we love. The phonies show "goodness" to those they want to impress.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

The way things appear in the natural are one thing - What is going on behind the scenes in a world that God made and God controls is another. I continue to believe in the supremacy of the Will of God - and will also continue to due the best i can to do what I think he wants me to do or not do.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    The way things appear in the natural are one thing - What is going on behind the scenes in a world that God made and God controls is another. I continue to believe in the supremacy of the Will of God - and will also continue to due the best i can to do what I think he wants me to do or not do.
    You got it. All any of us can do is do the best we can, we are not accountable for anyone else. And I refuse to "feel bad" because evil is still moving the world toward the Rapture.

The future is all in God's capable hands - as it's so clearly explained to us in his holy Word - and I can't stop it. Nor do I want to, his way is best!

Evil may be winning now, but it shall not triumph in the end.

I think both sides have strategy's they think will work.

I'm putting my money and soul on the Lord winning.

Evil may be wining, may have the numbers. But I do not believe they can stand before the Lord come again in glory. I think they will break.

Evil/Satan is winning at this time because it's all in God's plan. When Jesus died on Golgotha, Satan's fate was sealed. God is in control, He wins!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Evil was defeated when Christ died on the cross 'He descended into Hell', the Apostles' Creed confesses that Jesus did really die and through his death for us conquered death and the devil 'who has the power of death' (Hebrews 2:14).
    Last edited by DCP; 05-16-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

@dverna. Adam was perfect, @dcp. He conquered death through His resurrection. It is the beginning of sorrows that is why there is more evil in the world. Trials are to break us into seeing that God is sovereign and that we need a Savior. What happened to that thread about hell or being annihilated?

Evil is making a decisive impact on this battlefield(earth), but the war is already won. When Christ came off the cross the spiritual butt kicking started, and didn't take long. We are just living out the final death kicks of this broken evil sin nature infested reality. The Evil one is just trying to take as many with him as possible. We as humans just need to Do justly, love mercy, Walk humbly with our God.
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Master
    Devils advocate thought. If evil wins a single soul has not evil won?

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post

Tim
    In that case evil won that battle, but not the war.

Boolit Buddy
    Is evil winning over good?

Evil:
    Evil, in a general sense, is the opposite or absence of good. It can be an extremely broad concept, although in everyday usage is often used more narrowly to talk about profound wickedness.
    Wikipedia

How does one measure this?

I guess it would be one's own personal observation of what one sees going on in "their world".
    Certainly the "news" is one input for information to gauge this but the "news" is so skewed that it projects a sense that no one is being accountable for their bad actions.
    In that sense, evil would appear to be winning.

If one does not follow the "news" and his life revolves around going to church, church gatherings, etc. Then their input would probably be good by what they see, hear and discuss with like minded folks.

I do watch the "news" (local and national) and from my point of view, America (and the world) has generally fallen from having God as a focus in their lives. Things like greed, "me first you later", and disregard for others seem to be their focus.

Hmmm,...evil,....from a Theological view it would be Satan's efforts to entice us to do things that would be contrary to our progression towards God.
    Like the thief that sees that another has $50.00 in possession and thinks "Hmmm, if I kill that guy, I can have that $50.00", with no regard for human life etc.

A lot of "evil" things going on in this world, but also a lot of good folks doing good things also.
    I voted that I do not know the answer.

Boolit Master
    If you look back in history, you will see that almost every generation thinks the worst has arrived and the end is near. It's all perspective. Things are good.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Moderator Emeritus

I saw a post today that said Satan was winning.

In times like these it seems we see the best in people come out but we also see some evil.

Tim
    What inning, do you suppose we are in?
    I'd guess were are in the ninth...but as Hick stated, many other generations from long ago, also thought they were near the end.

Anyway, when I look at our society, I often think Satan is winning, so I can understand this post that you saw, as I could easily have posted that. But after a prayer to Jesus, I am quickly reminded there is no "real" winning for Satan.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Whenever you get down and feel like the world is just headed to hell in a handbasket, read 1st Kings 19, especially the Lord's answer in verse 18 to Elijah's despair and belief he was the only righteous man left.

There's lot's of good, decent people in this old world, it's just that stories about them don't draw as many clicks and make as much money as "if it bleeds, it leads".

Moderator Emeritus

Questions like this come from our misunderstanding of what this world was originally INTENDED to be. It was never intended to be a place of peace and tranquility, where we get just about everything we want. It was intended from the beginning to be a place where we could and would be tested in many ways, and at many times. If we weren't tested, how could we prove whose side we're really on? God created a world of beings, and gave us a CHOICE whether to hear, worship and follow Him, or our own wishes and desires. Thus, we have an OPPORTUNITY to show Him which side we're really on, and how devout we are about this. So it's natural and to be expected that "evil" will have its way in our world at times, and in many ways. It's up to US how we handle that, and whether we add to or detract from evil's influence and presence in this world.

Sadly, I believe the reason the world is in the shape it's in today is largely, if not primarily, because professing Christians have abandoned their true role in the world around us. Many sit and expect God to reach down His mighty hand and make things like we want them to be. That's folly of the highest sort! God put us here to do these things OURSELVES! And we've largely fallen down on the job in doing that.

One believer sits alone, and asks, "But what can I, one man, do to stem the tide of evil around us???" The answer is for each and every one of us believers to ACT on the basis of what we know to be true and good and righteous, and TOGETHER we CAN stem the tide of evil in our world. But instead, we sit and gawk and say, "Somebody ought'a do something!" And we point all around us, never remembering that when we point a finger, there's three pointing right back at us.

No, there's no solution to evil in our world as long as believers sit and do nothing. Remember that old adage, "The way to allow evil to overcome good is to sit and do nothing?" Well, it's true, and Satan and political correctness has found ways to encourage us to sit and do nothing. Many preachers are so reluctant to speak the full truth, and perhaps anger some among their throng, that they only preach "milk," and never "meat", and thus, Christians keep getting "dumbed down" and less and less motivated or courageous enough to get off their butts and actually DO something.

And when evil is unrestrained by active Christians, he dances and prances for a while, until God intervenes, and we get Armageddon. And we're seeing it all play out like a Shakespearian play right before our eyes, right now. God be with us, and keep us strong and righteous. Without Him, and all he taught us, we'd all be totally and completely lost forever. But I went and read the last chapter of the book, and I know how everything ends up, in the climax. Rest assured, the world truly IS in God's hands, and always has been since He created it. If we get dismayed by the evil that surrounds us, it's only our "human nature" because we just want what we want, and we don't want things to go bad for us. But that's not how this world works. Life is a long string of problems and pleasures, strung out like a clothes line, and we have to have the problems and trials to get to the next pleasures.

And truly, if we never encountered trials and enigmas, how could we ever really grow in our knowledge of and realization of Christ? We are lazy at heart - every lovin' one of us! And you know where laziness ends up, eventually - in despair and lack of the things we need, even for our very existence!

Thank God when things are tough. We're in the midst of learning a lesson, IF we play our cards right. "Count it all joy," when we encounter trials, for it's God's way of teaching us (or at least trying to) the things we really need to know and understand and do. It's US who have fallen down on the job, and who are neglecting our bounden duty to our Lord, to counter and fight the good fight to overcome and vanquish evil from our world. God help us realize this, and DO what we know needs doing. Amen.

There is always more good than evil. All you have to do is go look for it. It wont be on the news, radio or online; because lets face it good news isn't nearly as entertaining. So get out there, be the good you want to see in the world and a guarantee you will be overwhelmed with what you see

Boolit Buddy

Tim

Seems to me that the same would apply to good.......would that mean there are no winners or losers?

Would having a devil's advocate thought be considered evil? If it brought one person to the light as a result, would it be considered good?

My own thinking is that it's always best to live your life as "good" as possible, avoid "evil" and try not to hurt anyone. Acknowledge the transgression if you do commit one and strive to correct it. I'm not in it for brownie points, and probably as tough a judge on myself as any other I may encounter when all is said and done......it'll be whatever it is.

Good and evil are concepts, entirely dependent upon someone's viewpoint. I've heard rumors that the only viewpoint that matters isn't on Earth.......not that I'm rumor mongering, just what I've heard.

Boolit Master
    "Winning" in this instance is a deadly serious personal matter, not a silly contest for all humanity. Personally, I love knowing I'm on the winning side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast