RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Old stinks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    I know, found some 150 gr FMJ for the M1A on sale. Bought 1500 and thought I did great. Went to slide them out of the way under the loading bench and it wouldn't fit. Turns out there was already an unopened box of 1500 there already!!

Don
    Don, I'm a newbie here, but from what I understand, you're not even supposed to admit you've ever used those things here! Better hide them... Oh, you did.

Boolit Master

I have duplicates of a lot of molds, dies, melting pots, all on purpose as I have houses in CA and CO. Then another set of 357 SIG arrives I don't remember ordering. I thought maybe I bought them because my neighbor shoots the 357. I told him 'I got a set of dies' and he says 'I told you I sold that.' I CR the S I can't remember. Double dose of CRS on that one.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

I’m a few months short of 70 but when I have to keep track of my stuff on a computer it’s time to quit. In last 5 years I’ve cut collection down from 386 to 132 and I can name them all. When I reach the point I don’t know what I have it’s time to sell out. That’s when I’ll fire up the computer and put them up for sale.

Boolit Master
    I've gotten a few old stinks over the years. I usually manage to get rid of them with a good scrubbing or two. Good toothpaste and some mouthwash helps too. . . . .

Boolit Buddy

Wife called down stairs to remind her she was coming down for toilet paper, she had forgotten the last two times she came down stairs. As she headed back up with the TP I asked her if she had remembered the paper towels. CRS can be fun if it is not you.
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cabezaverde View Post
    I have been watching the cast bullet boards classifieds for years for a particular mold I wanted to try. It’s kinda rare.

Yesterday I was going through some stuff and I’ll be darned. I already have one.

No idea when, where, or how I acquired it. Didn’t even remember I had it.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday.

Next Easter you can hide your own eggs. Congrats

Boolit Master
    Good old CRS I know it well. Inventoried all my firearms,power tools and tractor with bushog and riding lawn mower. Went in the shed from H**l as my wife calls it and cleaned it out. Found an old chainsaw I didn't even know I had. Going in the garage is like Christmas day. Was looking for a 6" c-clamp and found 4 Jorgeson pony clamps that fit on 3/4" pipe. Found an old machete and a cane knife. Cleaned the rust off and sharpened them. Frank

Boolit Master
    i can remember what i have its just i cant remember where i put it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Staley View Post
    Read this post to my wife, and she laughed! She said I better quit. Too many "old" guys on here..

Haha I read it to my wife,too. Because exactly the same thing as OP posted has happened to me with a certain 45 ACP SWC mold.

I think I remember where I put it...

LOL ... basically did the same thing myself. For quite a while I was watching for a .310" round ball mould for a muzzle-loader that I bought for my wife to shoot. Was digging through my moulds one day looking for something else and found that I already had one! I've been meaning to do an inventory of my moulds ... and sizer dies ... and top punches ... for ages, but just keep procrastinating about it. Guess that is a sign of advancing age too!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Banned
    the older we get the better we need to organize/label things

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I think most of us in this thread are old enough that we are still analog on our notes.
    I'll be 65 next week. I went digital a long time ago, because that was the only way to keep myself out of jail. Started with a Casio DataBank watch. You could set alarms and calender dates with alarms. I was active-duty and had to cut back on my coke consumption to stay off the fat-boy program. I was doing a case a day, at 150 calories a can. OK, Coke, not coke! Bought one of the organizer gadgets, when they came out. Then some years later, a Pocket PC. Then a cell phone. The rest is history! Paper calendars didn't work for me. I lost them. I forgot them. I didn't get them updated because I couldn't keep them on my person. Dayminders, and such just didn't work for me. It was go digital or go to jail, so there we are.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I’m a few months short of 70 but when I have to keep track of my stuff on a computer it’s time to quit. In last 5 years I’ve cut collection down from 386 to 132 and I can name them all. When I reach the point I don’t know what I have it’s time to sell out. That’s when I’ll fire up the computer and put them up for sale.
    I'm not smart enough, and way too stubborn to quit. At the moment, my "collection" is 7 firearms, two swords, and a couple of boxes of old battered and incomplete pocketknives. Should be getting a couple of rifles today, as projects. Make that 8 firearms. Almost forgot dad's Stevens Favorite. Which is why I went digital in the first place. I have always had a hard time keeping track of stuff. Doc who was working with my son told me I'm a classic case of an adult with Attention Deficit Disorder. I think I'm normal, and it's all you guys who can keep track of a bunch of stuff who are weird! Caffeine helps.

Boolit Master
    yep, 2020 was the 1st year I got to hide my own Easter Eggs
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Getting_Old_Sucks3590.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	262192
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    i can remember what i have its just i cant remember where i put it.
    My problem for sure

Boolit Buddy

Looked for my phone last night. Searched the whole house twice. Dang! Finally grabbed my wife's phone and called myself. Found my phone.... in the pocket of the shorts I was wearing.
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Name:	tz-uc7xv.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	262368
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post

Name:	tz-uc7xv.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	262368
    Way way to many times. Then find the pencil in the washing machine. Probably have at least four tape measures because I kept losing them. How many duplicatexand triplicate tools do take have because you know you have one but can't find it?

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah-- I got CRS and the other "C" diseases CHS - Cannot Hear **** and CSS - Cannot See ****. They keep telling me Pop Pop your in your golden years. I tell right back the only thing "Golden" in the years is the color of pee that is runs down the side of your leg and you don't know it. LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast