Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling rifles

Boolit Grand Master

Can't sell them in HI, don't want to sell them on GB so selling them here is as good of option as you have left.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I'd send send the whole lot of them to one of the big auction houses.

Boolit Master
    A 12 year old could list a gun and photos on Gunbrokers. Its free, until the item sells.
    Is there a reason your friend can't package them and take them to a post office?
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Tube idea is out.
    I once shipped a rolled painting inside a PVC tube using the USPS...to Australia. He received it without any damage.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I used to buy and sell on gunbroker a long time ago.
    I think they changed hands a few times since then.
    Had a bad experience selling there.
    Don't want to deal with the lurkers there.
    Dealing with buyers nationwide in America can be a pain. Since I know this myself, I would not offer to sell Rifles for a friend, I'd just point him to a consignment Auctionhouse...yes they take a good sized cut and they may not sell for a high price, but it's quick and painless. The Auctionhouse in my town has a FFL and will pack and ship firearms...since there is one like this in my small town in MN, there has got to be one in HI.

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Tube idea is out.
    Just can't find any that are reasonable.
    Where would I find rifle boxes?????
    I have a few, but those are mine.
    Want to have him get his own.
    If you still feel compelled to help your friend out, MBTcustom offered some great advice for shipping Rifles. If you compose your selling ad to include shipping, just include a little more to pay for a inexpensive hard case.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ent&highlight=
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I buy inexpensive hard side gun cases especially with a cardboard box. I tape hell out of them and they ship fine. If they come with the cardboard box I'll turn it inside out so it's a little less obvious.

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend is not in the best of condition.
    Cannot walk to well.
    His hearing and sight are going.
    Mind is off and on.

With the shut down here, hard to do things.
    I'm sure I can find boxes that would work if not for that.
    I will probably try listing them here and see what happens.

Boolit Buddy
    Guns and golf clubs usually fit in the same size box. I've heard they play golf in Ha.
    CF.
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Grand Master

Use a hard side box. I had Tennessee Valley Muzzleloaders make me a flintlock and paid an additional $50 for a wooden box. It was 3/4" softwood sides and ends and the top and bottom were 1/4" ply. It was shipped from Mississippi - and I got it with a 1/2" deep punch in the side. If that had hit the 1/4" ply it would have gone right through. As it was the box was pushed out of shape by the impact. Fortunately the gun was untouched. I would never ship a gun in cardboard only after seeing that.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I have shipped guns to FFL receivers and would advise , take the bolt out of a bolt action and wrap it up and put it in the box by itself so the handle doesn't come through the side of the box, If it is a break action , break it down, shorter packages are more likely to survive. You can make boxes out of scrap card board , the thicker the better and multiple layers are better better. Insure the package, and get a recipt from the post office or shipper you use. The padding that is used under laminate flooring makes pretty good padding , tape is your friend. Good luck!!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Bub
    If you order a hard rifle case online it's typically shipped in a cardboard box. Pack the rifle in the hard case and put it back in the box you received the case in. Problem solved for less than $30 typically.

Boolit Master
    Here are boxes:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JD3LKW...v_ov_lig_dp_it

If your mailing a rifle in a long box with a shipping weight of 12 pounds or so and then adding insurance and shipping it east of the Mississippi you can easily hit $75 in USPS fees.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Armslist.com I have sold guns there. Free to use that site. Then when you make a deal. Local FFL does the transfer.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

wow I wish I had the money to buy one or more of them. One of my dreams, but the gun budget is currently empty. I have my FFL03 so you could send one directly to me, no gun store involved. However the lack of money prevents that.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12