RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Loads for the 8 mm Max in 7.92 x 57

Boolit Master

Loads for the 8 mm Max in 7.92 x 57

I had purchased the 8 mm Max mould from midsouth several years back thinking I might acquire a 98 Mauser someday. I recently came up with a zastava in 7.92 x 57 that measure s .314 x .323” ; the throat allows the gas check to be in the case neck when the nose is touching the leade. My question is concerning the starting load (loads) ; the boolits weigh 255 grains lubed and checked. I haven’t found loads for bullets heavier that 220 grains in my loading manuals. The loads for boolits are for even lighter weights. Anyone loading this design care to share their starting loads?
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

My favorite 8mm load is with the Maximum Mold. They drop at 242 grains with wheel weights. I size them to .324. I have found that 21 grains of AA 5744 or Buffalo powder works very well in any Gew 88 or Mauser 98. I use formed 8x57 brass from 30-06.

Best of luck. This is a great boolit.

El Gato

Boolit Buddy
    I used 35 Rem 250 gr lead bullet loads for my 8 mm. I couldn't find any loads for
    the 8x57 so I looked for cases with similar sized case capacity. Figured that the
    35 Rem with 250 gr bullets would work with the 8 x57 with the 255 gr maximum
    bullet. Made a nice load. The 8x57 in a mauser can take stress. I used 30 grs of
    imr4895 to start. Then you will have to work up your loads till you find the happy
    spot, watching for any pressure sighs. Have fun.
    webfoot10

Banned

A member here sent me a few of these for an 8mm-06 I'm working with. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get it to feed. Hopefully it'll work in my 8x57, I really like the looks of that bullet.