RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Lyman Accumeasure

Boolit Bub

Lyman Accumeasure

I found a Lyman Accumeasure at a shop it looks NIB. Comes with 2 rotors. It kinda looks like a Little Dandy. Are the rotors different between the two. They want $20.

Boolit Grand Master
    Rotors are unique to the Accu-Measure and since it had a very short production run, it is becoming difficult and expensive to complete the set of 15 rotors. That’s the bad news.

The good news is that it is an excellent measure for powder for pistols. I have two, one I use and a spare in case anything anything ever happens to the first... I like it that much. If you want to actually use it, you can easily make (or have made) a few dedicated rotors for use with it. The price is right. Oh yeah, as a FYI, it came with three rotors as the original “starter” set... you may find a third one in thwrappings in th box.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the reply. I’m going to have to investigate further. The shop I saw this at had a bunch of stuff literally pile on the floor. Along with the Accumeasure there was a square plastic box that looked like Lyman orange but I didn’t open it being I figured it was a loaded round case. I see now that Lyman hade such a box for the rotors.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I’m going to have to investigate further. The shop I saw this at had a bunch of stuff literally pile on the floor. Along with the Accumeasure there was a square plastic box that looked like Lyman orange but I didn’t open it being I figured it was a loaded round case. I see now that Lyman hade such a box for the rotors.
    Good catch! Originally you would get the measure with two rotors in a little plastic tube and one installed. Then you could buy individual rotors as needed or go all the way and buy the orange box with all twelve of the other rotors. The only downside I saw was that you always had that tube of two rotors trying to run off and hide... don’t ask how I know this!

Froggie

Boolit Master

extra rotors are fairly common on the auction sites

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    extra rotors are fairly common on the auction sites
    I would downgrade “fairly common” to “occasionally available.” There is a boxed set, missing one rotor, currently listed on fleaBay at a bid of $69.95 IIRC... this, along with the measure mentioned in the OP would probably be a good start, but finding the #9 missing from the set and whichever (if any) is missing from the starter set will probably add another $25-30 to the total cost, so IMHO at least, this would be an OK deal, but not a screamer. YMMV.

FROGGIE

Boolit Master
    To each his own but those cute little devices didn't last long in the market for very good reasons.

I got a Lyman Accu-Measure with a full rotor set when they were new. That was a mistake because I hardly used it, quickly found that I much prefer the flexibility of a conventional powder measure with an adjustable pistol metering chamber; THAT is what I actually use!