Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you ride?

Boolit Grand Master

I used to ride and race dirt bikes. I never got real interested in riding on the street. I used to ride one of several of my friends bikes down the highway and back about once a year and that seemed to scratch any itch I might have had for getting back into riding. Between my friends I rode about 4 different Harley's and 2 or 3 different Hondas and one Ducati. That thing was scary fast! My MS has pretty much stopped all of that.

I’m a dirt rider, I ride a ktm 525

Boolit Master
    Been riding since 1973. Current rides are a 2018 V Strom 1000 and a 2019 Kawasaki Z400. Always owned bigger, heavier, fast bikes.
    Remember those days when you buzzed around on a small light bike? Something that was pretty quick and handled great while being easy to move around and it got fantastic fuel mileage? My other ride is a 2018 V Strom 1000 all decked out with hard bags. Great for road trips or for running to the grocery store and plenty of power. But it lacks some of the fun factor I was after.
    Was cruising craigslist last month and found a 2019 Kawasaki ABS Z400 with 58 miles and 10 months of warranty remaining. Dealer described it as perfect condition without a scratch. Called him up and placed a deposit on it and finally picked it up last week. Cost me $3,500. This bike is a hoot! Has a 12,000 redline so you can actually run through the gears without worrying about going to jail. It is a twin cylinder and has 44 hp. Handles like its on rails and sips gas. Seems to be a great fit for my 67 year old 5'10 frame. Shifter and brakes are right where they need to be. Could use a better windscreen and one is on order. A softer seat would also be nice. St Farm charges me $20 every 6 months for liability coverage.
    If you get a chance to go back to small, try it, its a blast.
    East Tennessee

Various street bikes thru the years, mostly twisty mountain roads ... loved them.
    Really enjoyed the riding style as I still have a small scar on my knee from leaning just a bit too far once and never hurt the bike.
    still have a 79 honda CX 500 sitting in the shed from back when .
    As stated in some of the others here , more people on their cell phones these days with more careless driving makes the mountain roads more dangerous .
    Forgotten how many times I have encountered over the line drifters while in my truck.
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master

"If you get a chance to go back to small, try it, its a blast. "

I also have a 93 Fatboy that I just finished building a motor for. It's quick and light compared to my bagger, a entirely different riding experience.

I spent most of yesterday in the woods on my trials bike. We're not allowed to have any events so far this year so woods riding is about all that's available. But it makes me happy and is a really good workout. Still commute by bike when it's warm enough despite being run over last fall. At least it was cold when I was healing so I didn't miss much riding!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I take my Brough Superior out as often as I can!
    Seriously???!!!

Fine ride. Still have the total loss oiling?

Bulldogger

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    https://ridermagazine.com/2020/04/03...-the-question/

I do,I decided to devote all summer for riding while I still can. Nobody knows what's coming.
    Yes. I ride. Have logged 1,076 miles this season.
    Not knowing what the future holds, I decided to cram in as much as I can.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Banned

Me and my Momma.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mom in the rig.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	261919
    NRA Benefactor

I'm still riding a 2004 600rr Honda I bought new. I've made some changes like an inverted fork with 320mm rotors and Racetech springs for 180 lb. rider, geared it down, two up in the back and one down in front with aluminum sprocket and 520 z-link chain, Power Commander, full Yoshi exhaust without catalytic converter. It weighs 378 lbs. wet and was mapped in Las Vegas at Racers Edge, it makes 117HP. As of yet, I haven't been shot out of a cannon, but I'm guessing it feels like my bike at 11k rpm. This bike is made for a 1% rider....
    Last edited by gnostic; 05-10-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    "If you get a chance to go back to small, try it, its a blast. "

Well yeah,my wife has a Kawi ER-6n. Really nimble and nice little twin. I did oil change and basic maintenance,after the test drive I couldn't hold my horses any more and called about a 2000 Kawi ZX-12r Ninja. Need for speed. Sold a nice Benelli shotgun...

Had it for two weeks 1500 miles now,I'm all smile. My past with several crotch rockets gives no mercy,I tried easy cruising and got my first Road King last year... it is a -99,a fine bike but I need the occasional acceleration rush... Living in the woods I also dirt bike with an old Africa Twin.

2010 Victory Jackpot and a 2005 Kawasaki 800 Vulcan that doesn’t get ridden much, both my boys learned how to ride on it.

Boolit Grand Master
    During this lock down, all I've been riding is my butt in this chair.
    But I do sneak out once in a while.

Long, long time ago, I did have a Yamaha RD 400.

I've had a lot of bikes over the years. Dirt bikes to begin with and street bikes in the last 20 or more. The last was a Triumph Tiger. I like them all but have come to terms with being a fixer, not really a rider. I only buy neglected and forgotten stuff for cheap. It's fun to get them going again and have a little thrill but I soon lose interest.

I need the project, not the item itself. Once it's up and going I sell and start looking again.

Banned
    Throughout my life I have been in and out of motorcycle phases. I'm currently in a no motorcycle phase. As much as I like motorcycles, they are often impractical as primary vehicles. In an urban environment a small motorcycle can be an excellent commuting tool. You can park it almost anywhere, they use very little fuel and weather isn't as big of a factor on a short ride. I have used motorcycles as a commuting vehicle but for the most part, they are toys.
    The number of bad drivers in our country is staggering. Many drivers are incapable of devoting even minimal attention to the task of driving and when you add texting behavior, they become downright deadly. The current texting while driving situation is a serious concern for all motorcyclists.

Boolit Master
    suzuki boulevard series. very stable and reliable easy riding road bikes much more economical than a harley. the S40 i ride year round is just highway capable, but more of an in-town bike. very simple and inexpensive, and easy in parking lots. ideal to cut your teeth on.

09 Suzuki vstrom 1000 is my touring and weather warrior bike. Used to co.mute on it. Before that had a 1500 goldwing for a little while. Had tons of beater bikes over the years, seems like I buy barely runnin junk and get it going good, sometimes even looking nice, then sell it to fund something else. The vstrom isn't going anywhere though. The other bike is a 75 honda xl175 street tracker project. Looking for a modern trail bike or moto bike to ride with my son. Got him a 50 2 summers ago and just got him an xr80. The next daughter down is 5 and is already asking about pink plastics for the 50..
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

In Remembrance
    Yep. I still ride. Been riding a little over 50 yrs. Currently have a 2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited with semi auto trans. Rode Yamaha, Norton's, Goldwing's, and H D. Had the Spyder out Sat. Got to say the reverse is nice. Just have to keep a close eye on the loose nuts holding the steering wheels!!!

I ride a 2013 Harley Softail Heritage. Don't do much highway riding at my age (76). As soon as things open up a little more I have to take my grandson to a motorcycle training course. One of my daughters also rides.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast