RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you ride?

Moderator Emeritus

I put tens of thousands of miles on this, but it's now owned by someone else.
    Attachment 160744

I've owned over a dozen bikes over the years, now I only have one left.
    Attachment 227317
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Last year was given a scooter and have been cruising around town on it. Its an Aprilia Sportcity 250 that the previous owner upgraded a few things on. I get the normal scooter rider jokes from by buddies but its still fun to tool around town or run a few errands with it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by skrapyard628 View Post
    Last year was given a scooter and have been cruising around town on it. Its an Aprilia Sportcity 250 that the previous owner upgraded a few things on. I get the normal scooter rider jokes from by buddies but its still fun to tool around town or run a few errands with it.

I used to do a "See The Keys On Your Hands And Knees" trip to Key West every year. Could be anywhere from 10 to 20 of us. We would all rent scooters when we got there and then tour the island on Saturday in parade formation wear our usual attire vests, boots and doo rags. We got quite a few looks. Good times.
    Last edited by Finster101; 05-11-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Boolit Master

2019 CRF250L that I ride around on the secondary and back roads for fun and then hit the trails with my son who has a CRF125F.

We have a 2018 Slingshot too.

Boolit Master
    I started riding at 16 yrs old on a Honda c110, big 50cc. Moved up to a 250 Honda Hawk, then a 250 Ducati scrambler. Started working as a mechanic in a Honda/Kawasaki shop at 18 until about 25 and rode and raced dirt track and cross country on smaller bikes 100/125 class. Had one of the second year Kawasaki 500 H1 triples that stock would do 13.2 quarter mile. Had several other small Hondas for dirt riding and a Kawasaki 100 built for flat track. Got married and stopped racing and found a CB500 4cyl that had been crashed into the back of a station wagon. Straightened the frame and the forks and rode it for a few years. Moved to Alaska for 32 years and just kept the wifes Honda TL 125. Retired 4 years ago moved to north west Montana and bought the bike I have wanted for a long time. A 93 BMW r1100rs. It is quiet, smooth. trouble free, handles like a small bike and a lot faster than I would have thought.

The roads around Eureka are made for motorcycles. I haven't had it out a lot this spring as SWMBO has kept me busy too much. A few short runs to the grocery store and a few 20/25 mile rides taking the long way home so far but I'm only 71 now and I'm getting caught up on honeydos from our move to MT.

Summer is close and traffic is light away from the bigger cities so maybe the boss lady will cut me loose for a ride to Libby then Kalispell and back to Eureka. Should be a fun ride at a bit over 200 miles.

But yep I ride and won't quit until they scrape me off the pavement or I can't throw a leg over any more.

Banned

The last Harley left about 10 years ago. Side by side went too because like Idaho guy I just rarely used it. Ive got a 4 wheeler for camp and for the most part if im playing its in my wrangler. Its got heat, air conditioning and I can take it to the grocery store or through the mud holes.

Boolit Buddy
    2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse. Love it.

Don

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	261997

Don

Boolit Grand Master

I bought a new Harley and a few weeks later took a job that has me traveling five days a week. Had two kids between then and now as well. The bike has around 380 miles on it. It’s paid off, losing value and just sitting in the garage. I dropped insurance almost immediately because I just don’t have the time to ride. Complete waste of money is what it was. I’d maybe take it out if it didn’t ride so bad. I always said I’d never buy a Harley and I should have stuck to it.

Boolit Master
    My riding has been 95% crotch rockets 5% dirt for decades.

I had a 10+ years break,luckily saw the light again and got my first Harley just last summer. It was a difficult adjustment, basically a state of mind -thing. I thought I'll sell it but got it built better instead, Progressive Monotube forks and rear shocks,for example.

Now that I also have a crotch rocket and a dirt bike, I enjoy cruising with my -99 Road King very much. My mind is not my 57 years of age...

Vendor Sponsor

in 1970 bought a Bridgestone 100. Had dual sprockets 1 for trails/climbing and 1 for street
    Pic is a Bridgestone 175 . exactly the same except for the sprockets and engine size
    Attachment 262128
    since then had numerous trail and street bikes. my favorites were Road glide for big bike and a Honda 550 super sport 4 in 1 for mid size
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    First experience with motorized two wheelers was on a high school buddies Simplex 125 in 61. Got my own Norton 500 single in 64 and was lucky to survive that one. Had a few others up till 75 when family and career interfered. Long hiatus of 35 years. Got a 91 Kawasaki Concours 1000 ten years ago. Still put around town on it and use it for running errands in summer: groceries, bank, post office, etc. They're still fun to me but you have to keep alert even at town speeds.

Boolit Master

Just ordered a half windshield for this yesterday. Girlfriend seemed to get pelted by bugs and rocks in the chest area every time we went riding last year. I told her it was because they had a large target(s)...

Had one good day this week, then rain and thunderstorms the rest. Maybe next week I can take it out.

Attachment 262141
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned

I remember when I was a kid my dads neighbor had a 250 bridgestone. He was in the air force and was sent overseas tad for a year and left his bike in my dads garage. I spent hours just sitting on that bike. Thought it was about the coolest thing in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    in 1970 bought a Bridgestone 100. Had dual sprockets 1 for trails/climbing and 1 for street
    Pic is a Bridgestone 175 . exactly the same except for the sprockets and engine size
    Attachment 262128
    since then had numerous trail and street bikes. my favorites were Road glide for big bike and a Honda 550 super sport 4 in 1 for mid size

Boolit Master
    I find books like this one essential for survival. Especially when you have a long snowy winter with lots of car driving. Driving really messes up the motorcycle reflexes.

Boolit Buddy
    Petander: that's an outstanding riding outfit. And I really like the looks of that winding road that disappears into the woods. But I don't understand the extra gas can. What is that, 20 liters, 30? You don't really carry that do you?

Boolit Master

I think the gas can may be the results of an OOOPs.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I think the gas can may be the results of an OOOPs.
    That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk Daddy View Post
    Petander: that's an outstanding riding outfit.

Thanks - I do prefer leather track-style suits but now still being cold weather with possible rain ... modern stuff is just very good.
    Last edited by Petander; 05-16-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Boolit Master
    Is that a ZX12R???

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    I find books like this one essential for survival. Especially when you have a long snowy winter with lots of car driving. Driving really messes up the motorcycle reflexes.

Boolit Master

Went from a 650 Suzuki in 86, no riding at all to a 2003 Road King in 2019, just a slight difference! Best way to clear your mind ever. Even with all the mobile phone booths, all over the road!
    Last edited by 45workhorse; 05-17-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast