RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Do you ride?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    That's awesome! I couldn't go more than 10 miles on my DR650 without my prostate going numb.
    First mod on the DR was a new seat. Then I strengthened the handle bars and put a windshield on it. I am considering stopping riding as at age 66 I need to spend more time with my grandkids than by myself.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

Sold my 26th bike this spring due to health issues. I wish I was riding now.

Boolit Master
    A buddy and I put in 415 miles Friday in Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, and a little nibble of Illinois. I'm loving it!

Boolit Buddy
    Been riding my whole life.

Currently 3 bikes in the stable

1967 Honda 305 scrambler
    1998 Harley FXDL
    2014 Harley FXDF

Boolit Master
    I still ride, but not on the street. I race a Top Fuel Dragbike. Got a race coming up in three weeks, but don't know if I'll get new pistons in time. I hurt some parts at Samoa dragstrip a couple of weeks ago.

Boolit Grand Master
    I did ride back in the 90's
    Yamaha RD400.
    2 stroke
    Wasn't all that fast, but it was quick.
    Driving a car here is bad enough, those on bikes are really in danger.
    I miss that rice burner.

Boolit Master
    started in a field at 15 rode to work for 40 years in all weather went on winter rallies .stopped a couple of years ago when i hurt my back at work .haven't missed winter riding .like to have an off road bike just for fun.started on BSA with right foot change the jap stuff with left foot change ,finished up in a triumph dealer.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I did ride back in the 90's
    Yamaha RD400.
    2 stroke
    Wasn't all that fast, but it was quick.
    Driving a car here is bad enough, those on bikes are really in danger.
    I miss that rice burner.
    Had one with a race engine in 86? Saw a pretty face and decided to pop a wheelie for her. Bike stood straight up for 3 gears. Scared the crap out of me. No more wheelies. Had a 900 Ninja, 86 Yamaha fz750, & a Kawi Gpz1100 built for road racing. Took the 1100 on a trip from Yuma,Az. to Cardif by the sea, Ca. My average speed was 175. I liked that bike.
    Was run into and robbed in August 84 on the way to propose. Knocked into the 3 ft. wall, saw my knee hit & left a red streak. Ambulance driver found the kneecap 30 ft. away. The Army hospital shot me full of morphine and waited for me to die. 3 days later they put my kneecap back in. I walked out of hospital in 2 weeks. I still carry El Paso gravel in my back. In 88 I was hit again. Flew 50’, slid 50 yards. Lost most skin from forearms. I stopped riding in 89. Still have FZ750 & GPZ1100 in garage in Michigan. They need some work but I’m no mechanic. If I rode like I had a bullseye on me & was hit twice BEFORE CELLPHONES I can’t imagine trying it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Learned to ride on an old Yamaha DT360 many years ago.
    Current bikes are as follows.
    2008 FXSTC
    2006 SPORTSTER
    2001 BUELL CYCLONE

Boolit Master
    I just made a big mistake,trying out a -17 KTM 1090 Adventure R. I had it for three days...

It's good to have old friends working at bike stores,eh? Dang,this would be my bike #15 I think... definitely one of the best.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    >>>SNIP

It's good to have old friends working at bike stores,eh?

I love your Photos
    Looks like an awesome Bike
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

82 gl1100 standard with a few mods done over the years original engine with about 250000 miles even rode it thru a few winters had to wrap rope around the tires when the goin got slippery still get comments on that at the grocery store and whatnot
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Master
    I'm on my second Suzuki DL1000 VStrom. Got a left over 2014 in 2016 for $7500. Had it out to Tacoma WA a couple years back. Run a lot of gravel roads on it too. Been riding for 45 years and don't plan to give it up any time soon.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    I'm on my second Suzuki DL1000 VStrom. Got a left over 2014 in 2016 for $7500. Had it out to Tacoma WA a couple years back. Run a lot of gravel roads on it too. Been riding for 45 years and don't plan to give it up any time soon.
    I own a 2018 model. Most comfortable bike I ever ridden on the highway and that includes the 2 Wings I owned. I did have the front seat redone. This winter plan on changing the rear sprocket as the gearing is to high. Cant use 6th gear till 70mph.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Caster View Post
    I own a 2018 model. Most comfortable bike I ever ridden on the highway and that includes the 2 Wings I owned. I did have the front seat redone. This winter plan on changing the rear sprocket as the gearing is to high. Cant use 6th gear till 70mph.
    Because they set them up so lean I did intake, fueling and exhaust mods on mine. Left the stock header and cat. Runs turbine smooth and really pulls. Lost some mpg but it was worth it. When I ride longer gravel I take the tire pressure down to 28 psi. Really settles the front end down. The V Strom is a marvelous all rounder.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy
    Never had an issue with how mine runs. Motor is great. I average just over 50 mpg and run it pretty hard. All it needs a regearing change via the rear sprocket.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I love your Photos
    Looks like an awesome Bike
    Thank you - those KTM:s are good bikes imo. Lots of different models.

Here is my Guzzi California 1400, I tried a simple fuel mix fix, a cheap little device called Booster Plug. It works very well, I'm getting noticeably more power and torque - and using more fuel.

This is a nice nimble sporty cruiser with a modern personality, good to have more oomph.

Banned
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
    I started riding a BSA 125 about 1958 or 1959. Sold my last of many bike's, an 1100 Goldwing, in 2015 after a garage fire left it sitting outside all summer. I had been riding Honda's since the early to mid 60's when I traded in my 1952 Harley on the first Honda 305 Super-HawK, the cafe style race bike, the local dealer was putting it together when I walked in. WOW! what a revelation, no shake or rattle, easy to start every time, just get on and ride. I like the idea of riding but the reality is I really shouldn't even consider it. Age has a way of adjusting our priority's.
    My Dad had a ‘62 305 Dream when we were growing up. I rode in front on the tank. Good times!

I was looking at a dream here a while back. Boy are those things expensive anymore good bikes tho
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozark mike View Post
    I was looking at a dream here a while back. Boy are those things expensive anymore good bikes tho
    I know you won’t want to hear this but he offered it to my uncle for $1.00 in the mid 80s. My uncle was touring with his wife on matched Goldwings so he wasn’t interested! My Dad had a Honda 500 four at the time. He never road the Dream and needed the space it was taking up. He sold it eventually but I don’t recall the price. It was black with a red seat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456