RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you ride?

Boolit Master

Do you ride?

https://ridermagazine.com/2020/04/03...-the-question/

I do,I decided to devote all summer for riding while I still can. Nobody knows what's coming.

Boolit Man
    I do ride ( 2002 HD FXSTDI ) but am having rotator cuff surgery this month so riding ( and casting ) are pretty much off the table for me this summer.

Boolit Master

ATV sometimes. My son rides it more than me these days. I got a new back support. So hoping i can get more trail time.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Sold my last bike a few years ago.

Keep getting tempted to buy another one, but the extremely narrow window of ideal riding conditions up here prevents me from pulling the trigger on another one.

I bought a Jeep Wrangler a few years ago to take the place of a bike and froze my butt off multiple times. Would drive to town when it was 80 degrees out, socialize, then head home when the sun went down and it was 50 degrees and was miserable.

Sold the Jeep and bought a UTV and enjoy it in the woods, but it only has 400 miles on it after two years. It is great fun when conditions are ideal, but miserable 90% of the time.

No greater feeling than riding on two wheels on a scenic mountain road on a warm Summer day. Best therapy ever! I miss it.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    2011 Triumph Street Triple R. Ride 5 times a week , at least, from March to November to work and back as long as it ain't raining. Had a 2017 Z900 before this that was stolen. I usually trade every two to three years.

Boolit Master
    I rode hard for 25 years, I have 2 BMW R/90's that I haven't rode on 10 years. Life got in the way and I had to quit, still miss it and always will. I loved tinkering with the bikes almost as much as riding.

Among other things the traffic is bad and people have their head stuck up a cell phone.

Dave (Beemer)

Banned

I take my Brough Superior out as often as I can!

Boolit Buddy
    Read the title and though it was about riding horses, we have 5. In my younger days I rode scooters. The last one was a Yamaha 750, Midnight Special, shaft drive, it was a nice ride. But raising three you children on my own, the bike no longer fit that life style, so it got traded for a Winchester model 1894 30/30 with an octagon barrel. I still have the rifle.

Boolit Master
    I used to, 87BMW, but there are way to many idiots that can’t seem to understand how to operate a highway! Used to be I would cuss, oh once a week. 2016 it was impossible to ride anywhere with any traffic, to many think their car is a phone booth! My son sold his, I haven’t sold mine but I probably will. Really miss it in the spring!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Have an 08 RoadGlide with a little over 80K on it. I bought it new. Winter is the better riding season here. It's too hot in the summer and there is also a pretty good chance you will get wet on your home bound commute.

Boolit Master
    I ride year round if the temperature is above freezing. Currently on a Honda NC750X. I'm about to mount up and ride into work, so many of my miles are commuting, but I do like long rides to no where as well. I plan on riding until I can't!

Boolit Master

Just had my bike serviced, ready to go when I find the time.
    Which won't be long, it's sorta cold right now.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Used to, '75 Norton, bought new, then a '98 Buell, still have both.
    Before retirement I rode to work, weather permitting, and did several rallies over the years, Maine, Missouri & Virginia come to mind. Rode to FL one year to visit family.
    Now the interest just doesn't seem to be there. Why I couldn't say.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Boolit Master

Been riding dirt and street all my life. Right now I have a Yamaha FZ6R and an Indian Scout Bobber waiting until the warm gets here. Here in the mountains of WV, yesterday 5/9/20, we had an inch of snow. Yuck!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Moderator Emeritus

We only got flurries here. Haven't ridden in years as people are idiots. I do have my utv but is a Ranger 570-4 crew with bed. Basically a work utv but still nice to travel the woods.

Boolit Master
    http://www.therideadvice.com/how-mot...-good-for-you/

I had a ten years break in riding,too. All kinds of stupid excuses. Started again @ 55 and now @ 57 I feel I have it back. For good.

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide it's the 103, I have had it two years, ride when I can!
    Aim Small Miss Small

Stlii ride, 09 Sportster, I've got 15 more years of riding to beat the old man's record. He quit at 78. Left knee wore out and he couldn't get on anymore.

He never owned a bike, but around the farm when there was a choice between my motorcycle and the pickup the motorcycle got used.

I always left the key in it "just in case"

Don't think my mother knew about it or she would have gone ballistic.

Boolit Master
    I started riding a BSA 125 about 1958 or 1959. Sold my last of many bike's, an 1100 Goldwing, in 2015 after a garage fire left it sitting outside all summer. I had been riding Honda's since the early to mid 60's when I traded in my 1952 Harley on the first Honda 305 Super-HawK, the cafe style race bike, the local dealer was putting it together when I walked in. WOW! what a revelation, no shake or rattle, easy to start every time, just get on and ride. I like the idea of riding but the reality is I really shouldn't even consider it. Age has a way of adjusting our priority's.
    Last edited by elk hunter; 05-10-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I take my Brough Superior out as often as I can!
    You don't happen to own one of the original bikes do you? I had never heard of Brough Superior before you mentioned them. I've spent the last hour reading - fassinating. OR, do you perhaps own the current production of SS100? 102 hp and only 410 lb - that thing should a trip to ride.

I rode most of my life, with the last 25 yrs on a Goldwing putting an average of 20,000+ miles/yr on the bike as basic transportation. I finally sold my bike at 72 yr of age due to bad knee and back issues.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast